What's new

Got out and finally found a silver 1842o dime! Biggest crotal bell I've every dug! But broken

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
975
Reaction score
6,340
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1000008227.webp

Hit one of my recent permissions today that I've only walked a couple of times and was able to break my silver curse with a 1842o dime that's been abused! The Indians are in really good condition for field find ones, small kewpie eagle button and the biggest crotal bell that I've ever found measures 3 inches across.
1000008228.webp
1000008230.webp
 
Upvote 25
1942-O, mintage 2,020,000 so a common date. Holed to sew into clothing? Maybe to put on a string with other coins? I’ve found that the seated series, 1839-1891 are the most likely coins to be holed. Especially half dimes and dimes.
 
Well done on the silver, and breaking the drought.
The huge crotals are hard to get whole.
Though the other half must be lurking in the dirt close by.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom