What's new

BIGGEST FIND YET!

Stone

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
309
Reaction score
291
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told a week ago about an abandoned house in the woods near where I live. The land is owned by a collage so I got in contact with them and was given permission to look around. I couldn't locate the house but found this instead. I'm guessing it's a 1954 Chevy Bel Air 4 door. Maybe a moonshiners car, who knows but it's still very cool. Didn't find much else yesterday except for an oil lamp sitting next to a tree.
 

Attachments

  • 1460651807901.webp
    1460651807901.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 1460651831817.webp
    1460651831817.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 12
Boy must have taken a while to dig that up:laughing7:
 
What did it ring up as?

Very cool find!
 
Congratz on your car! Don't try to clean it, you will ruin the value!
 
Yeah, preserve that patina.
 
Look for coins and silver under the seats and mats! You never know.
 
Thats were I lost it. It drop out of my pocket like 2 days ago.
 
Nice catch on the date. Do you think it would be worth pulling some parts from it?

The brake backing plates are selling for $40 and up on eBay in used condition. I would definitely grab them and any other brake bolts and clips that are salvageable.
 
Looks like it fell out of the sky.
:occasion14:
 
The brake backing plates are selling for $40 and up on eBay in used condition. I would definitely grab them and any other brake bolts and clips that are salvageable.

It still has the motor and transmission in it also.
 
Are you going to try and find the original owner? I'll vote honorable mention:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom