What's new

Biggest relic find ever...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
8,340
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did two relic hunts today, about 4 hours worth. Found a 1950 German 1 Mark coin, an 1890ish coin and my largest relic find ever, an iron wagon axle. This thing is about 5’ tall and weighs around 80-100 pounds. The ends are tapered and this axle looks to be a front axle as it has a pivot point/hole and is slightly bowed. I thought it may be a gun from WWII when I hit the signal due to its length. Probably worth $5.00 in scrap iron, LOL, I wonder if it has any historical value? I left it leaning against the tree however, I somehow want to go back and get it. I have two old wooden wagons in my barn with wooden spoke wheels, they are disassembled but I do not know what the axles are made of, have to check it out. HH, Mike
16Sept07axle.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice relic, Mike. I hope you manage to lug it back home just don't hurt your back in the process. Could you tie a rope around one end and drag it home? Keep digging!
 
I guess you just stuck it in your pouch until the end of the hunt (like kirk would have) :D
 
I looked at the picture before I read the posting, I thought it was an airplane propeller!
 
Bet that took some time to dig up !
 
I'll second that! That must have taken some time to dig. I'd take it home just for the work that had to be done to get it.
 
Jesus Mike, don´t you ever have enough digging ? I give up if it´s anything larger than a fifty calibre case nowaday´s (Get a few of those here, along with M 16 rounds).
HH Ray
 
Well thats cool......my kind of find :) But dont you think if the axle is there,then more parts or other stuff would be near...
 
It was only a few inches deep, I figure a farmer cleaned out his barn and dumped it there. There were a few other weak iron signals I did not dig and the whole wagon is definitely not there, LOL. HH, Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom