"Bikes For Kids"

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Bikes For Kids"

Please help with my project!
Ideas are very welcome! :thumbsup:
I'm sure that the folks here at Treasurenet can give me great ideas! :headbang:

Be sure to check my latest gains and setbacks.

Always my Best,
Scott

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Hello, Scott, That "Bikes For Kids" is a great thing. We have a couple friends that gather up old discarded
bikes during the year and fix them up and paint them if needed. They have some connections where the
bikes are given to kids in needy families at christmas time. My Brother-in-law and I both have found some over
the last few years and he often does some work on them before turning them over to them.

Our Masonic Lodges in this area are having a Toy and Coat Drive. We collect donations of either new or good
used toys and books, also Childrens Coats either new or like new. Then just before Christmas we have a
Toy-wrap and Pizza party and the guys involved bring their wives and we wrap up the toys and books. It makes
for a quite an entertaining evening.Oh, there is never any alcohol. The toys and books are marked for age and
for boy or girl. We had quite a pile of them last year. Last year was the first time I got involved with it. Then
I didn't think I would care much for the gift-wrapping that much, but Iwent and it turned out to be a lot of fun.
Two people work together on a gift. One person wraps and the other tapes it. Some of the toys were odd
shaped and tricky to wrap but we had fun with everybody doing it.

Lots of Luck with the Bikes For Kids, if you get into it, it has it's rewards, and can give you a good feeling
when it is done.

I hope it works out for you. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Ray

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ray,
TOYS FOR TOTS!

That is the best Idea yet!
Hook up with the Marines and Let's Go!
God bless you!
Thanks for the best idea yet!!

Best,
Scott

PS. Don't know how, but you may have suggested it to me indirectly, but thanks to you, I got the idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions