What's new

binocular lense?

mlsbrian

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 3, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
alberta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this today at the edge of a farm field. I think it's a binocular lense with a brass casing? Measures about 1.25" wide. Anyone able to confirm my thoughts on this / offer any suggestions as to how old?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2495.webp
    IMG_2495.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2493.webp
    IMG_2493.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2491.webp
    IMG_2491.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2490.webp
    IMG_2490.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 87
Glass or plastic lens?
Looks pretty beat-up for glass.

Does it focus, or magnify?

Does not look like a camera filter. Too large for a microscope.
There's no seal on it, so it's not a sight-glass (for any number of industrial uses).
Binocular or telescope are certainly options.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with ToddsPoint.
 
Upvote 0
Makes more sense for a rifle scope.
 
Upvote 0
I just found something similar in a old farm field I’ll try n post it
 
Upvote 0
FEF5F98C-2FA1-4B27-B934-8F08DFBD7AA8.webpBC615A75-BB68-4F1F-86E9-D190033E0479.webpD213C8BB-6018-4605-BCD1-7F050E72629A.webpthis one seems smaller but kinda similar
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom