Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
Afternoon,

The one on the left is a possibility. Here are a few birdies around a penny.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Attachments

• birdy 004.jpg
    birdy 004.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 356
  • birdy 004.jpg
    birdy 004.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 340
Atlantis0077 said:
Afternoon,

The one on the left is a possibility. Here are a few birdies around a penny.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Thanks and those are great points. I am still shocked that they made them so small. It seems that there would not be enough weight to make the arrow fly straight. very cool pic.

warsawdaddy said:
Completely dumb to this but were some of them(bird-points) used to shoot/spear fish?

Hey...... your thought is NOT a dumb one to me. I am the guy who posts glass and rocks here, believing that they may be arrowheads hahaa. That being said, I wonder the same thing. The site that I hunt is along the water and every now and then, in addition to trash and rocks, I actually find pretty small points and wonder the same thing. I am sure one of the "experts" here can better answer that. Thanks for posting :D

I think the term 'bird points' refers to a tiny point which could be used to hunt anything small- critters, birds, fish...
I think that's what I read here once a while back.
RH

Speaking of experts, I always cringe when I here that term--to that end I have always thought of an expert as:

EX--- is a has been

Spert--is a drop of water under pressure. --given that-- an expert is a has been drop of water under pressure.

No experts here just projo point hunters. ;D ;D

Stryker

IMO an bird point simply refers to any true arrowhead as they were all pretty small and used to hunt pretty much anything that is hunted today with a bow and arrow. Most larger points that people think are arrowheads are not- they were atl atl points and knives. There wasn't two different types of bows, one regular and one bird point, only one. Neither of these to pieces looks to be anything, one on the left might be a flake but I kind of doubt it.

Cannonman17 said:
IMO an bird point simply refers to any true arrowhead as they were all pretty small and used to hunt pretty much anything that is hunted today with a bow and arrow. Most larger points that people think are arrowheads are not- they were atl atl points and knives. There wasn't two different types of bows, one regular and one bird point, only one. Neither of these to pieces looks to be anything, one on the left might be a flake but I kind of doubt it.
Hey that was interesting,I think I learned something already being my first day on forum
sixgun

Primative Archer magazine June-July 2008 issue has an interesting article where bird points were used in a test from a 40X bow on a deer carcass. The results showed these are deadly archery hunting points, and would easily take out a deer, and would probably be effective on bear. Great article, check it out if you can.

Slingshot said:
Primative Archer magazine June-July 2008 issue has an interesting article where bird points were used in a test from a 40X bow on a deer carcass. The results showed these are deadly archery hunting points, and would easily take out a deer, and would probably be effective on bear. Great article, check it out if you can.

You rock! That sounds like an awesome article and I know that I will check it out. Thanks for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back