OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title was supposed to say Bronson Blades. Fat fingered it.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Title was supposed to say Bronson Blades. Fat fingered it.

I did nothing, I know nothing.....what was I supposed to do...of course I will...what? I make myself laugh mostly....
That is a most beautiful frame, your collection is truely over the top of great. You mentioned that those SSlayers were deep. Did you dig these pieces too? Do you still actively dig? I’m going to have to sit back and gaze some more and I’ll try and keep my hands to myself....

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
Are the petrified pieces at one depth or have they been found mixed down with at various depths with the various others? Just curious if the petrified pieces were the material of choice at some point in time, or was just one of many varied options found in the area. Thanks, hope the question makes sense

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did nothing, I know nothing.....what was I supposed to do...of course I will...what? I make myself laugh mostly....
That is a most beautiful frame, your collection is truely over the top of great. You mentioned that those SSlayers were deep. Did you dig these pieces too? Do you still actively dig? I’m going to have to sit back and gaze some more and I’ll try and keep my hands to myself....
Oh yeah I still dig. Yes I dug the SS points. They were in the clay below every other paleo layer 13 to 15ft deep.

Now for the debth of the pet wood items. That frame was dug in context to archery points. It's really interesting in East Tx the late cultures used local materials like petrified wood. Early archaic and paleo almost exclusively used imported high grade chert . Virtually all of the SS points are made of material from several hundred miles away.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread