What's new

Bit the Bullet!

shepcal

Full Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
217
Reaction score
150
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been reading all your posts, sounded like fun; so while at bank today, I asked if they might have any rolls of 50 cent pieces. They had 4, so I bought them. Got home, even before I opened the first roll, I got on this forum and made a list of what to look for. The first roll, I got a 65 and was pumped up! Only a 40%'r but it was fun. In the remaining, I also found a 67 and a 68 and a couple of post 2002's. Looked for S mintmarks-none. Looked for 74 double dies- no luck.
Went back into town and checked at the other two banks (small town), they didn't have any. 3 -40%'rs on first try, not bad as far as I'm concerned. Might try dimes next.
Thanks, Shep
 
Upvote 0
You are doing beter than me. I only get the WF $500 boxes and they mostly suck. I'm picking one up tomorrow along with $200 in nickels and $100 in pennies. I got two boxes of halves coming in from a Utah CU that has paid good in the past. I just have to wait a few weeks until my friend picks them up for me.
 
Hey!!!!, you got something. Better then nothing
rileyboy
 
Got cocky and tried dimes. Bought $30 worth. 1 1964.
Think I'll try the next town over and stick with the Halves.

Thanks for encouragement-

Shep
P.S. Just went thru pocket change and found another 64!
 
1 Rosie for $30 is pretty good. I went through $250, the other day, and scored 1 Rosie. Ride that beginner's luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom