BLACK AND DISCOLORED QUARTERS

i've heard the post office machines will take then and give you change in dollars...

HH
-GC

Tumble with crushed Walnut... (Or sand....Depending on crust ([Thin crust tastes best.]Dinner bell!)/
-=Cy

Pool is good and I heard about the post office stamp machines too....
Keep safe...

be inventive..... I use the dimes and nickels in pop machines after a hard days detecting.... the quarters... Im saving for an arcade trip wit my wife..... then the pennies... there is stamp machine at the post office here that takes em.... so I barely even clean them.. takes a while... but hey stamps are stamps LOL

Or, if you come to Pennsylvania, you can use them in the saviours of our civilization, slot machines >:(

What!!!!! It is legal tender, unless they are fake the bank HAS to take them.

Put them in a roll and turn them in, nobody can reject currency just because it is dirty.

JW said:
What!!!!! It is legal tender, unless they are fake the bank HAS to take them.

Put them in a roll and turn them in, nobody can reject currency just because it is dirty.
I circumvent the tellers by using the coin counting machine; at my bank, there is no charge for account holders. I have noticed that the machine tends to miscount dimes, confusing them for pennies (not always, just sometimes). This eliminates snide comments and the need for me to remind them that I am an account holder cashing in legal currency.

hoosierfinds said:
Hey, I just used a bunch the other day to wash both my cars at the spray wash!
Hey Elvis....I've probably used over a $100 at the car wash so far....Free(sort of) is good.HH!!

i use them in my laundry machines. the laundry people probably hate me! ;D

I roll up the quarters, dimes and nickles. The pennies go in the coinstar machine. They're someone else problem then.

the only banks that have to take them are Federal Banks.but i take all mine to the local Coin Star machine.they charge 10% but its worth it!

Well gang, those are all some novel ideas of disposing of discolored Clad. I'll have to remember them. Myself? I bought a Coin and Rock tumbler and just clean them up a bit. I ONLY put pennies in one drum and CLAD in the other drum.. Never tumbled any silver yet, but then I've not FOUND any silver yet.. I dare say I'd pay a bit more personal attention to any cleaning of say a Merc or even an older quarter. <shrug> After the clad comes out of the tumbler for.. oh.. say 12 hours, even the blackest of quarters looks like it just came out of someone's pocket. It works.. so I don't have to! <grin>

Frodov

HH

why clean them........i even spend the Canadian money in gum machines......just send me all your dirty quarters.......ok

you should clean the clad since their values are going up. Since they don't last long in the weather or ground more and more are becoming rarer.

Tumbler.....$25......Harbor Freight = Clean Clad

Cladsilver.jpg

cladcopper.jpg

I just rolled up over $100.00 worth (in really bad shape and really dirty) in coin wrappers and took them to the bank. No questions asked. Since then I have been putting them in a tumbler with some of that rounded gravel from playgrounds, and let it go over night. They come out looking like regular pocket change now.

I guess it's all in what you want. It's still legal tender and I do prefer to clean them a bit using a tumbler as well. But that's just my preference, HH Art...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back