May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden Rule No. 1 - Never work on your Birthday.

My treat to myself arrived in time for my Birthday Hunt.:metaldetector: We have been extremely lucky this year & it continues with large area of sprayed off Wheat that was suffering from Blackgrass. Just happens it's the part of the field with our largest (by area) Roman/Saxon Site. We had already done this area this year, but with the medium plough & a new machine (XP Deus 3.2) it was time to try again.
The ground was totally wet & the water table was at 3 inches, so not perfect conditions, including the near 4 hour slog of heavy boots & spade.
My original plan was to use the XP GMP until the end of year & the Deus in 2015 but that plan went out the window when it arrived.:laughing7:

I wanted to go over the small area outside of the site that had lots of Saxon Brooches, some were broken & I hoped with the deeper programs I could weed them out. As it happens the XP GMP 11" coil must have sniffed most of them out, but all I got was Nails & Lead. Although I sure I'm not getting the most out of it yet, its a steep learning curve with many variable to customise.

My first impression of the Deus is they have really paid attention to the details/design. It very light & when Dad held it, he stated 'it would be like waving a blade of grass'. I have rigged my own arm band on the GMP but I was glad to see the Deus came with one, small things like this make a big difference to me.
Also a great innovation is the WS4 wireless headphones that don't even need the remote control, very cool that the headphones work direct from the coil. This is how I started using it, as I pay no attention to target ID & I wanted to start learning the sounds.
To be honest on this hunt day on the 8kHz & 12kHz, I was a little lost as to what the sounds were saying. We zigzag over the better Roman area & I got a few roman coins but they sounded nothing like what I was used to. It wasn't until today (post later) when I tried Rob's suggestion of P3 that I became more conformable with the sounds & what they meant. I actually like how well or how bad they have now made iron sound. (even on low Disc)

I did get my smallest cut down Roman Silver Coin
15 Roman Coins - some nice ones
Piece of Roman Bracelet
Bits...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 5

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exciting having the new detector - it's going to be quite interesting over the next year , to see how your XP Deus performs in
areas you have hunted already . Happy Birthday ! (hoisting a beverage -Cheers !)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the 2 of you are getting along just fine. Happy birthday buddy and congrats on the new machine. I've been impressed with the feedback from some damn good treasure hunters

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday Cru..
And iam here to tell you once you become one with the dues you will never look back..I can only imagine what you will find with it over there in the iron that your other detectors missed..
Ps..What is p3.???
George

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First of Happy Birthday, and big congrats on the new machine. :occasion14:

Liking the big Roman and nice crisp condition some of them have, and that's one tiny silver.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday Cru, I am sure that you will master that new machine in no time. I have around 75 hours with mine now and really like it alot, although I am considering getting the smaller coil just for those heavy iron patchs.
Oh yea, I really like that tiny silver, it just goes to show the capabilities of that machine.
ZDD

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday Cru..
And iam here to tell you once you become one with the dues you will never look back..I can only imagine what you will find with it over there in the iron that your other detectors missed..
Ps..What is p3.???
George

Fast Deus or Program 3 (P3)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday Cru, I am sure that you will master that new machine in no time. I have around 75 hours with mine now and really like it alot, although I am considering getting the smaller coil just for those heavy iron patchs.
Oh yea, I really like that tiny silver, it just goes to show the capabilities of that machine.
ZDD

Yes & I found that tiny silver on 12kHz, it would sound even sweeter on 18kHz.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes & I found that tiny silver on 12kHz, it would sound even sweeter on 18kHz.

So a person can only run in one program at a time say 12KHz or the 18KHz?
It's something I'm totally inept at is the how this works-kind of missed this learning memo in life.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a person can only run in one program at a time say 12KHz or the 18KHz?
It's something I'm totally inept at is the how this works-kind of missed this learning memo in life.

Yes, in a way but its much more complicated than that. There are so many combinations of things you can change, I would hate to work out the maths & tell you how many programs you could create by customising. (you can also share your custom settings on line) But you get 9 factory settings, but with any of these 9 you can play with any of the settings, like for example changing the Freq to 12kHz or........whatever you please. As you have 4 choises of Freq, its like have 4 different detectors in 1. I think that they are streets ahead of any competition, on that one alone.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, in a way but its much more complicated than that. There are so many combinations of things you can change, I would hate to work out the maths & tell you how many programs you could create by customising. (you can also share your custom settings on line) But you get 9 factory settings, but with any of these 9 you can play with any of the settings, like for example changing the Freq to 12kHz or........whatever you please. As you have 4 choises of Freq, its like have 4 different detectors in 1. I think that they are streets ahead of any competition, on that one alone.

OK I think I get a little of that-I really think this should be a winter learning session for me. The way I understand it the CTX works on 28 different frequencies at one time-or am I thinking wrong here? So much to learn and a thick skull to penetrate.

One other thing are the Dues produce high tones on the noble metals, and a low for the iron targets like a lot of other models?

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Birthday is always sweet with a new machine!! Congrats on the finds!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I think I get a little of that-I really think this should be a winter learning session for me. The way I understand it the CTX works on 28 different frequencies at one time-or am I thinking wrong here? So much to learn and a thick skull to penetrate.

One other thing are the Dues produce high tones on the noble metals, and a low for the iron targets like a lot of other models?

No idea, I'm not well read with the CTX capabilities. I did a quick look & the 3030 has Multiple frequencies: 1.5 - 100kHz:icon_scratch: Someone more clever than me would need to explain because I have always understood you can only detect 1 Freq, at a time. So if they can use multiples I'm confused as to how it works?? Anyone care to explain?

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late to the party Cru! All the best and many stunning finds with your birthday present! :occasion14: Other than the nice As(?) i absolutely love the pottery! We don't have this coated black ware here and it's so nice...we have the speckled black, but even this is not very common.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late to the party Cru! All the best and many stunning finds with your birthday present! :occasion14: Other than the nice As(?) i absolutely love the pottery! We don't have this coated black ware here and it's so nice...we have the speckled black, but even this is not very common.

It's a Ses. & my first roman coin that day, that gave me plenty of hope.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! A Sestercius in that condition would give me plenty of hope too! A birthday present from your birthday present.... :laughing7:

Yeap first Roman that fell to the new machine.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! A Sestercius in that condition would give me plenty of hope too! A birthday present from your birthday present.... :laughing7:

Today I realised why we had missed it in the past & why its in pretty good nick. Its been dug up from the deep when they recently put in a new drainage pipe across the site. It's helped bring up loads of nice pottery & a few coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread