What's new

Blame Msbeepbeep its her fault

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She did the one thing that always gets me in trouble. All she did was try to
comfort me on my new research binge. You know, the fewer finds, the better
quality, the different way of approaching things. All she said was that there has to
be a transition time when changing. Simple. :)

BUT!! What that line did and all the encouragements I got from others too, was to start
me thinking and THAT always is a bad idea, for me. ;)

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the tedious details. Suffice it to say, that I decided that
the technique, (or lack thereof), that I've been using for lo these last 4 years, is what works!
For me anyway! It's what has been making me happy. Frustrated, but happy. LOL

I hunt pretty easy places to hunt. Schools, parks, beaches, etc. Sure, what I find is new stuff, mostly.
But, you see, I also look for easy places that have a long history. Where the land was used for other
things before. That way, I always have the potential for a really nice old find. BUT, and this is
important, I have enough filler targets to keep me interested and even an occasional piece of
nice jewelry.

I did this today. On a wonderfully nice day! And I found myself smiling more than a few times. When
I was hunting the researched/old places, it felt like work! When there was nothing found, I was just
ever so much frustrated. Kept me in a foul mood! Today, I figured why.

So, be it ever so humble, here comes the clad:

2015 (734).webp
2015 (736).webp
2015 (737).webp
2015 (738).webp
2015 (740).webp
Blingie made a bad choice this time.
There's info on the other side that will allow me
to return this. ;)



These finds made me pause and enjoy being there. :)

2015 (735).webp
2015 (739).webp
2015 (741).webp
2015 (742).webp

Like I said, this has been working, for me.
If you don't think so, just show me your 1812 half dollar. LOL ;)

Thanks for putting up with me & my clad. :)
 
Upvote 18
You have to do what you're best at, but to keep it interesting, throw in something new every now and again. I think I found a medic alert pendant last year but it wasn't personalized.
 
Nice victorian ear ring I think. Silver?.
 
BLINGIE SAYS HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP SOMEONE , AND FISHY HAS TAKEN A SIDE FROM THE 60S AND VICTORIAN ERA .
 
Nice digs Whadi. Be true to yourself and life is great.
 
Whadi, That's what makes this a great hobby. You can do whatever you want, & whatever works for you. Go with what makes you happy !
 
What ever that ornate piece is (silver, costume, gold) I'm sure you'll drag it out? haaaaaaa lol Along with your mysterious token? (token, coin, talisman)

Nice finds, whatever blows your dress up Gary, keep digging and thanks for the life lessons.
 
Glad you found your center again. And cool finds!
 
Nice victorian ear ring I think. Silver?.

BLINGIE SAYS HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP SOMEONE , AND FISHY HAS TAKEN A SIDE FROM THE 60S AND VICTORIAN ERA .

What ever that ornate piece is (silver, costume, gold) I'm sure you'll drag it out? haaaaaaa lol Along with your mysterious token? (token, coin, talisman)

The token is just another "No Cash Value" token. Interesting obverse though. :)

The "Victorian" looking piece, I suspect was part of an earring once and I also think it was either heavily
plated or just bling. Still fun!

Thanks!
 
I'm totally with you, I enjoy hitting the tot lots and schools. I've pulled my best stuff from there, but I also love hitting older spots for the elusive older stuff. Hit a few old spots and if you get frustrated go hit the newer sweet spots. Mine get replenished all the time and I'm happy with the clad and junk jewelry because it always gives a little rush until you identify it. I'm really liking the victorian looking piece, I love finding those with such craftsmanship and character.
 
You are preaching to the choir brother. Be true to yourself and HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom