blaster jet

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
on my keene 4 inch dredge it has a p180 pump and there is a brass fitting on the end of the pump next to the discharge for the pressure hose, it is 3/4 inch the same as a gardn hose,, is this where i hook up the hose for ablaster jet?? its a stupid question, but ive only dredged with this machine 3 times and never used a blaster, so i dont know if it hooks up there or i have to put a inline connection on the pressure hose?
Thanks

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yes you can but thats not where youll get the most pressure. if youll add a 2 inch "T" or better yet a "Y" to the output of your pump and have the "T" pointing down and reduce it to 3/4 inch with a 3/4 inch valve youll have a great blaster hose! also this will not affect your suction of the nozzel!

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
russau said:
yes you can but thats not where youll get the most pressure. if youll add a 2 inch "T" or better yet a "Y" to the output of your pump and have the "T" pointing down and reduce it to 3/4 inch with a 3/4 inch valve youll have a great blaster hose! also this will not affect your suction of the nozzel!
TY.. is the T something that can be bought at lowes, or do i have to get it at keene? also whont the T restrict flow down to my jet log, becauseif its a 2 inch T the inside diameter will only be like 1.5 inch or something like that?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use the premade hose bib with a 5/8" hose with a valve hooked to a lawn sweeper nozzle. If you mess around you'll end up stealing too much water from the box by psi reduction to start loading up the box due to water shortage(EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO A OVER/UNDER OR 3 WAY SLUICE BOX). You WILL be able to blow the LL outta them cracks crevices and melt them compacted gravels and clay like butter!! KEEP IT SIMPLE AND YOU WILL SUCCEED WITH LITTLE/NO HASSLE-tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
i just got finished making a y out of a 2inch OD piece of exhaust pipe and welded a 3/4 pipe fitting on it, the exhaust pipe is thin wall tubing so it shouldnt restrict the water flow, if it does,ill just hook it up the the barb on the pump,, thanks for the info guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread