Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of posters that are growing wary of your negative attitude but we have to ignore them while we try to find proof of this mystery whether real or unreal.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...real or unreal...?
What is unreal proof?

Well unreal proof is the same as real proof. You want us to produce documents to verify the treasure expedition happened. You want us to verify that the Beale Treasure was more than a dime novel with documents. Well to say it plainly you prove your point by documents to prove that they were out to make money. You prove that the Beale Treasure story was a story made up to make money by finding someone's diary of letter to verify. Or you find letters and documents that say they wanted the pamphlet destroyed because their ancestor's name was in the pamphlet and they did not want it there. You bring documents to prove the story did not happen as you ask us to find documents that verify that the story did happen as written. Fair enough? Show us what you have found? I am just as interested in proving the story is fake as I am trying to prove it did happen.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? That really makes no logical sense at all. :icon_scratch:

Probably not to you as two negatives seem to cancel each other out or they can become positive.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't seen any posts of yours disproving my findings, just these endless complaints.
As you have stated time and again, we are all looking for the answers to the Beale story, whether the tale is true or not, but every time a post is made that is contrary to your beliefs on the subject, you complain about the poster, not the information, and offer nothing in response to the information except some form of complaint.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? That really makes no logical sense at all. :icon_scratch:

You keep on snipping post and adding them to other post is ridicoulous. You can make out like anyone said anything when in fact they did not.. Why did you not post everything else. STOP CUTTING AND PASTING.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It may well be, that we are "talking" about FACTION... FICTION based on FACTS; in the Beale "Story"? Dunno...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You keep on snipping post and adding them to other post is ridicoulous. You can make out like anyone said anything when in fact they did not.. Why did you not post everything else. STOP CUTTING AND PASTING.
When have I misquoted you or anyone else for that matter?
The three dots(...) acknowledge that I edited a quote to reply to a specific line in the presented statement made by the named poster.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When have I misquoted you or anyone else for that matter?
The three dots(...) acknowledge that I edited a quote to reply to a specific line in the presented statement made by the named poster.

You can cut lines one by one but sometimes you only get the lead horse and you leave out the rest of the statment or team of horses and the wagon itself. I can take any two lines or three and make out you robbed a bank. Now wouldn't that be something.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
When have I misquoted you?
You did indeed posted those statements, and in NO WAY did I change their content or meaning.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I can tell you that there is more, so much more, the true nature of these relationships manifesting into something else in 1817 that would ultimately cause Monroe to request that Adams seek the opinion of Jackson in regards to public response to the newly proposed boundaries in “the west” that were to become law once/if the Adams Onis Treaty was signed. Jackson responded by saying that he thought the proposed boundaries would be generally accepted if they acquired the Floridas. Shortly afterwards the treaty was signed and then comes the first Beale deposit...

In The Beale Pamphlet Morriss claims that Beale’s two visits at his hotel took place on January 1820 and January
1822. Both of these dates fall “exactly” eleven months behind the dates of the signing and the ratification of the Adams Onis
Treaty.

Treaty signing date: February 1819
Beale’s first visit: January 1820
11 months
Treaty’s Rat. Date: February 1821
Beale’s second visit: January 1822
11 months

Going a step further it’s interesting to note that both deposit dates fall closely in order between the dates in the above
table, nine and ten months respectively.

Treaty signing date: February 1819
(9 months)
First Deposit date: November 1819
(2 months)
Beale’s first visit: January 1820
11 months
Treaty’s Rat. Date: February 1821
(10 months)
Second Deposit date: December 1821
(1 month)
Beale’s second visit: January 1822
11 months[/SIZE]

Ward's grandfather, James Beverly Risqué, was Gen Andrew Jackson aide de camp during the Battle of New Orleans, AND, during Jackson's Florida Campaigns, in the states panhandle and especially Escambia county, which eventually led to the signing of the Adams-Onis Treaty which brought Florida into the United States.
James Beverly Risqué wanted and petitioned to get a position in the Provisional Florida government under Jackson which he never received.
This begins a curious connection to Escambia county, Florida of James Beverly Ward and three of his children.
After serving as assistant to the military paymaster in St Charles, Missouri(1840-1843), he became paymaster at Fort Barrancas, in Pensacola, Escambia county, Florida, in 1850.
Ward returned to Lynchburg in 1850 after his father, Giles Ward died, to help his mother run the farm she inherited from her father, James Beverly Risqué.
That would be a mere coincidence, except that AFTER the BEALE PAPER dime novel pamphlet was published in 1885, three of Ward's children, John Gordon Ward, Ella Risqué Ward Caulkins, and Anne Morriss Ward Johnson relocated from Virginia to Escambia county, Florida.

Is there a Beale Papers connection in Escambia county that led to the signing of the Adams-Onis Treaty?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The that US agreed to pay off the grievous claims of American citizens against Spain, set aside 5 million dollars for that payout.
A few legitimate claims were paid from this fund, but guess who received the lion's share of the payouts?
Those American "patriots" who helped bring about the negotiations of the Adams-Onis Treaty.
Major James Beverly Risqué was one of these "patriots" in Florida with Andrew Jackson, and it is known that Risqué paid close attention to the signing and ratification of Adams-Onis for he wanted an appointment in the newly acquired Florida Territory.
Was Risqué among these "patriot" recipients of the Treaty payouts?
Another question, from where was this $5 million dispersed?
Were any of these funds ever in Escambia county?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw James Beverly Risque was a broke man, he owed about ten years of back taxes on the plantation. These taxes had to be paid after his death.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
When Adeline Eliza Risqué Ward inherited her father's farm upon his death in 1843, did Giles Ward pay these back taxes?
What caused James Beverly Risqué to become "broke"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread