Blue Pottery Found while Bottle Digging. Ok More Photos!

M

marvswk

Could I get some help on Identifing this Piece of pottery. Year? Value? Style? Maker? please. I found this while bottle digging in Idaho. I feel this is a great piece of pottery but I am stumped. Ive looked for markings with a Telescope lens. nothing as far as I can tell. This piece is almost perfect. the inside is painted or glazed as well with white glaze. Id give more info. but the 3 Hydrocodone I took for my Scidiac nerve is kicking my A$#. Any help would be great. M Lee S in Idaho Here are a few more photos of this piece of pottery. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSCN5356 copy.JPG
    DSCN5356 copy.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN5358 copy.JPG
    DSCN5358 copy.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN5350 copy.JPG
    DSCN5350 copy.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN5376 copy.JPG
    DSCN5376 copy.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN5377 copy.JPG
    DSCN5377 copy.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN5378 copy.JPG
    DSCN5378 copy.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 192

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: Blue Pottery Found while Bottle Digging

What a great find... and the scenery is awesome!!!

Is the area you were digging a known dump site?

What era bottles or trash are you finding?

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Very interesting pattern on this piece. What does the bottom look like? A photo of the bottom would be helpful. Also, was this at a mine, farm house, chinese camp? Almost like splatter ware or sponge ware, but not really.

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I think it spongeware and more than likely a Redwing ,Western or Robinson Ransbottom due to the thickness and heavy crock style ...almost like a jardiniere style.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

marvswk

I was on an old highway, I was finding Old Glass insulaters, Some bottles from the 40s, Ill post pictures of the bottom and inside tommorow. I thought sponge ware or splatter, but its nice! It was not a dump site rather a place, where somebody had misc items all over the place a long time ago. I would say a homeless pack rat from along time ago. There are know clues from exsisting pieces around from where I found it, such as Clad next to Silver. Marv.

Upvote 0

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.

Looks like a "thundermug" to me! You know,a porta potty so you don't have to go through the snow to the outhouse at night. The bottle dumps I've found in Idaho have already been dug.....thoroughly. I'm lucky to find one common bottle!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread