What's new

blue thread lock

Jerry123

Greenie
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I have a side and top magnet and if I want to switch from one to the other the red Thread lock would probably be hard to get off. Do you think I'm taking a chance using the blue thread lock?

Thanks
 
I have been using the blue lock tight without incident.
 
I use blue on lots of places with good results. I don't think the blue will unwind and you will be able to get it apart if needed.
 
I have used both red and blue. With red I can't get it off. With blue I can always get it off... and it never comes off by itself. I pretty much use blue exclusively now.
 
To get red thread locker to release, it needs to be heated to over 350 degrees. The chances of getting it off with out heating are very, very slim. Usually the fastener will break first. I would use the blue. It is designed to let you take it apart if you really want to.

RJGMC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom