What's new

Bluebaby

newnan man

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
8,905
Reaction score
36,447
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20190806_181100.webp
I know this has nothing to do with arrowheads but I just had to show everyone our new little blue keet, Bluebaby. It came out of it's hutch today and is seeing the world for the 1st time! It has a couple of siblings still inside.
 
Upvote 0
Beautiful shade of blue.
 
Those are some great pets. I had one named Pete when I was a kid.
 
That's Cool! Is it difficult to get them to brood a nest of little ones, or is it like letting a hen raise a brood of chicks, but in a cage? In other words did you have to help feed them?
 
That's Cool! Is it difficult to get them to brood a nest of little ones, or is it like letting a hen raise a brood of chicks, but in a cage? In other words did you have to help feed them?
We have them in a large aviary outside. There are 3 nesting boxes and they raise them up themselves. If I wanted a bird to be tame and handle I would hand feed it but we just enjoy them in their big cage flying around. They are sweet & easy to care for.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom