What's new

Blueish Bifurcate

eastTNJoe

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
546
Reaction score
616
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a hunt in this past weekend….it has been awhile! I must have walked over this spot 3 times before I saw this little point sticking up. I guess sometimes it all depends on the angle, line of sight, glare of the sun…or maybe I just walked too fast.
IMG_1652.webp
IMG_1657.webp
IMG_1658.webp
I would appreciate any suggestions for type…my first thought was Buzzard Roost Creek, but my dad pointed out that all the pics/description of those points were much larger. Maybe a LeCroy? It has a bevel to it and a bifurcate base.
 
Upvote 0
Nice one!

LeCroy sure looks like a good call.
 
That's a super point!! I like the color. Tony
 
Nice point! I don't find many little guys here.It was sure nice of him to stand up and wave at you.You gotta admit a lot of things had to go just right for you to rescue that beauty out of those surroundings...mjm
 
That's a little beauty- and I would agree that it's a Lecroy judging by its size and shape. Nice snag ;) Yakker
 
That is a sweet point, nice save! I'm not sure of the type but I believe it has been re-sharpened. The shoulders are wider then the rest of the blade, it must have been used a lot and treasured by the original owner. Cool piece and color!
 
Very nice find. Got a cleaned up picture of it? Lecroy may be the best we can do, but normally, they're not beveled and have fairly heavy serrations.
 
I'm not sure what kind it is but it is a nice find.
 
Nice point. Hard to see them if you don't cross at 2 different angles on those gravel bars.
 
:icon_thumleft: Lovely point! Like the in-situ photo #2
 
Check out "Cave Spring" and see if its a match.
 
I'm calling it a macorkle just a thought ;)
 
Thanks for all the suggestions guys…LeCroy and MaCorkle were all ones I pondered, but I had not noticed Cave Springs..I will take a look...thanks also for the info about the flaking and the idea of it being re-sharpened. Here are pics of it cleaned up.
IMG_1664.webpIMG_1663.webp
 
nice one there
 
Shows Archaic flaking. Checkout the 2nd pic towards the base there is 1 long flake removed near the bottom. That is a normal strike form for Archaic period in our area.
 
Thanks for the input Rock. I hope to get back to that area soon to see what I missed.
 
me to I think about where I might be if I wasn't at work all the time
 
Nice early archaic piece.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom