Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wanting to try a local boat ramp for awhile but had to wait for time off during the week when it wasn't so busy. Was kinda nerve racking at first because its very deep right off the slab but once I got my bearings down and learned the lay of the bottom I had a blast. The plates are all from the trailers falling off the concrete ramp and getting ripped off when pulling it back out. My biggest surprise was how clean it was. Maybe 2 bottles and 3 or 4 cans total and one set of keys which I though I would find more of. A lot of sunglasses and plenty of motor parts lol 20140618_143513_resized.jpg 20140619_121601_resized.jpg 20140618_143429_resized.jpg The stuff in the floating sifter was on the second day,

Upvote 0

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.

I wonder....as concentrated as everything had to be, could you have just used the scoop and floating sifter?

OP
OP
D

Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.

I wonder....as concentrated as everything had to be, could you have just used the scoop and floating sifter?

Not sure what you mean by that, Its a huge boat ramp and took me 2 days to cover most of it. Almost everything was under several inches of sand except the glasses, All 3 launches have 10 foot holes off the end of the ramps from power loading the boats that I could not reach. As soon as summers over and the traffic subsides I will be diving them with a hand held detector.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cool stuff!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
LOL - look at all the license plates. Morons.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, I know exactly how those cell phones probably ended up in the water. I had one go in the water. It was clipped to my belt as I pulled the boat up to the dock. When I bent down to keep the boat from hitting the dock, the side of the boat pushed it up off my belt and it went right in the water.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOAT RAMPS THOUGH TRASHY - CAN BE GOOD - LOCAL FRESH WATER ONE I HIT - IVE GOTTEN GOLD & SILVER RINGS - SILVER CHAIN - AND SILVER COINS ALONG WITH ALOT OF FISHING GEAR - JUST TAKES PATIENCE - ITS MORE OF A SPOT IF YOURE IN IT FOR THE HOBBY - NOT FOR THE MONEY TYPE PLACE
IM IN IT FOR THE HOBBY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread