What's new

Boat ramp finds

Dimendave

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
73
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wanting to try a local boat ramp for awhile but had to wait for time off during the week when it wasn't so busy. Was kinda nerve racking at first because its very deep right off the slab but once I got my bearings down and learned the lay of the bottom I had a blast. The plates are all from the trailers falling off the concrete ramp and getting ripped off when pulling it back out. My biggest surprise was how clean it was. Maybe 2 bottles and 3 or 4 cans total and one set of keys which I though I would find more of. A lot of sunglasses and plenty of motor parts lol 20140618_143513_resized.webp20140619_121601_resized.webp20140618_143429_resized.webp The stuff in the floating sifter was on the second day,
 
Upvote 0
Cool.

I wonder....as concentrated as everything had to be, could you have just used the scoop and floating sifter?
 
Cool.

I wonder....as concentrated as everything had to be, could you have just used the scoop and floating sifter?

Not sure what you mean by that, Its a huge boat ramp and took me 2 days to cover most of it. Almost everything was under several inches of sand except the glasses, All 3 launches have 10 foot holes off the end of the ramps from power loading the boats that I could not reach. As soon as summers over and the traffic subsides I will be diving them with a hand held detector.
 
LOL - look at all the license plates. Morons.
 
Unfortunately, I know exactly how those cell phones probably ended up in the water. I had one go in the water. It was clipped to my belt as I pulled the boat up to the dock. When I bent down to keep the boat from hitting the dock, the side of the boat pushed it up off my belt and it went right in the water.
 
BOAT RAMPS THOUGH TRASHY - CAN BE GOOD - LOCAL FRESH WATER ONE I HIT - IVE GOTTEN GOLD & SILVER RINGS - SILVER CHAIN - AND SILVER COINS ALONG WITH ALOT OF FISHING GEAR - JUST TAKES PATIENCE - ITS MORE OF A SPOT IF YOURE IN IT FOR THE HOBBY - NOT FOR THE MONEY TYPE PLACE
IM IN IT FOR THE HOBBY
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom