What's new

Bob cant hear you now.

rmptr

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
3,302
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Bob can't hear you now.

I found a class ring.
My first one.

Whew!

Big fella, too!
It will almost fit on my left ring finger, so that's a pretty good sized fella...

Man!
I'll tell yah, it's a tough choice to make...

10k gold that calc'ed out at about $294 AND a nice ruby...
That would get us quite a few spuds n' bacon!

It's cast, from a prestigious eastern college, and engraved with his name... R.T. D.

Well shucks!
A mark of accomplishment the fellow is no doubt very proud of, and I figure, as my own father,
wore it EVERY day of his life as a wedding ring, also.

What else could I do???

I ran the search for a Class Ring Registry... there IS none, as you'll find out...
Yet there is a site that makes an effort towards that end...

I was NOT listed.

So I went to the College site. Nice place, but little help.

Then I tried the phone book... BINGO!

He was listed, with an address. I called, and got a disconnected message.

Hmmm. A 60 - 65yr old fella from a prestigious school doesn't just have his phone disconnected.
It would be changed to new location, or forwarded...

So I google the address and see a commercial type complex on the satellite.
Hmmm. Bob sold out and left town???

Well, the school has somewhat of a local link, and on my way to check that out I went by the address.
It's a senior complex!!!

...But no names on the boxes...
So I ask a fellow, sitting on his porch, "Is Bob D. around?"
No, is the answer, "He passed on about a year ago." I expressed my condolence...

Well, just to check, as I headed back towards the truck, I said, "I tried to call him a couple days ago, but there was no answer."

The fellow replied somberly, "Bob can't hear now!"

Well, I guess Bob won't be needing the bauble...
Odd thing is, I found it nearly on the surface!

Off to the scrapper she goes!
We'll have a bit more in the soup pot...

HH
rmptr
 

Attachments

  • 29cz.webp
    29cz.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

awesome find, great story... congrats.. HH :icon_sunny: tlc
 
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

"Bob can't hear you now!" :-X :-X :-X :-X Trying not to laugh....... :-X :-X :-X.....ok now that is funny...... :D :D :D :D

Nice effort on trying to return the ring. Now you can enjoy the $$ without guilt. :wink:
 
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

Felinepeachy said:
Maybe he has a son. ::)

Ok..maybe you should still feel guilty. ::) ::) :D
 
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

Mona Lisa said:
Felinepeachy said:
Maybe he has a son. ::)

Ok..maybe you should still feel guilty. ::) ::) :D
LOL>...Give the guy a break!!! Nice find and feel free doing whatever you decide...GUILT FREE!! 8)
 
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

Nice find and Thanks for Trying anyway, a lot of guys would not have given a second thought
and melted it down.

I have one right now that I have to take back to a fellow. I am also trying to track down a Navy
guy. A friend of mine found the ring in her fathers belongings after he passed away and she
would like to return it to the fellow. I am trying the local Navy Commander, hopefully he can
help us out.

HH and Thanks Again for at least trying to do the RIGHT THING.
Ringfinder
 
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

Nice ring...

It's treasure... it's yours. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Bob can't hear you now.

Nice effort. But wait...I do hear you! PM me & I'll tell you where to send it.

Bob
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom