Bob "Frogfoot" Weller

capt gary

Jul 18, 2006
Bob "Frogfoot" Weller

It's with a sad heart I have to report that my friend and fellow treasure hunter has gone to that great ballast pile in the sky.

It has been a long, five-year struggle with failed kidneys and the after-effects of heart surgery, but even this strong, strapping ex-frogman had his limits. On 10/13/08 at 4:45 a.m., on the morning tide, Bob “Frogfoot” Weller hoisted his crossed anchors and sailed his frail craft softly across the sandbar at his home port and into eternity...

Frogfoot was one of the great treasure hunters of our time. He was best know for recovering treasure from the 1715 fleet which sank off the coast of Ft. Pierce.

You will be missed my friend, but there's a greater treasure on the other shore waiting to be discovered.

Capt Gary
http://www.conchrepublicdivers.com

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bob "Frogfoot" Weller

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Bob “FrogFoot” Weller. My condolences go out to his wife Margaret, and all of Bob’s Family and Friends. Bob will be missed.

I had the honor of spending time with Bob at his home “Weller’s Cove” in 2003, and will always cherish the memory of a true Treasure Hunter icon. He loved the hunt, and enjoyed sharing his vast knowledge and experience with all.

Tom

Attachments

• treasurehunt 043.jpg
    treasurehunt 043.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 383
  • treasurehunt 054.jpg
    treasurehunt 054.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 387

pollibr

Mar 11, 2006
Valrico Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite

I am honored to have attened his seminar this past June and to have met this amazing man...May you rest in peace Frogfoot. You made my dream come true.

Richard Politano

Attachments

• frogfoot & me.JPG
    frogfoot & me.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,067
  • frogfoot & me.JPG
    frogfoot & me.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 879

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

i conversed with this great treasure salver about his seminar. he saved a place for me but at the last moment i could not make it this year. i have spent countless hours with his books. he told me maybe i could make the 09 dates. i am very sad for his passing. my thoughts and prayers are with his family. b

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse

:'(

Bob was one of the first guys who took me under his wing and showed me what is was like to work on a wreck. He was gracious and kind and will be missed. My condolences go out to Margaret, Robbie and the rest of his children and Brad Williamson.

He will be missed by all.

Rob

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

A great loss indeed. He was one of the few who became a legend long before passing over the bar. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

pollibr

Mar 11, 2006
Valrico Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite

I think this is how Bob would like to be remembered.

Attachments

• Bob Weller.JPG
    Bob Weller.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 870

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Continue your voyage my friend...
Thank you for what you have given us...
You will be missed...never forgotten.

Trez

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE

We wish to convey our deepest sympathy to Margaret, and the entire Weller family.

Bob was a remarkable man and a great friend. Knowing and spending time with Bob are memories that we will continue to hold very close and dear to our hearts. He always had many exciting stories to share with us and he captivated our minds and hearts as he spoke. Bob was a true life adventurer, one that we all hope to be like. It was an honor to know him and be considered part of his circle of friends. He is one of those people whose footprints cannot ever be matched.

The many books that he authored, we have all read and learned from. In Florida he was considered the Grandfather of Treasure Hunting.

Again, we extend our condolences to Margaret and the Weller family. At such a time as this, your many friends may say that time will ease the burden of your sorrow and take your grief away. But, what is more comforting to know, is that deep in your heart, in cherished memories and thoughts, our loved ones never really part.

May the family draw some measure of comfort knowing that others care and share in their loss. And that we are thinking of you and remembering all of you in our prayers.

Sincerely,

Jimi & Faye

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

one of the originals is now gone * he was one of the MEN who made the treasure coast --the "treasure" coast -- his knowledge lives on in his many books on the 1715 fleet and his deeds and finds are stuff of legend.

he was just a bit of treasure that god decided to claim.

350firefighter

Feb 22, 2007
JOHNS CREEK,GEORGIA

I am saddened with such a loss to the family of Bob Weller and to the loss of a family member of the Treasure community.May he rest now and to the Family I am very said for your loss.350 firefighter

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sometimes treasure is not gold, silver or emeralds , it is a friend , Our thoughts are with you Margaret & Robbie.
Regards Gary ,Jen & the girls.

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,314

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sad news indeed. He led a good life, and will be missed.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Bob was a great treasure finder and was very helpful to me when I started in this business . He will be greatly missed in the shipwreck salvage community.

Attachments

• wellergidus.jpg
    wellergidus.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 758

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II

I had just heard from Moe Earlier today. He was a true friend and a GREAT MAN who taught many on how to do, what we do.

Although his body may be gone, he lives on in spirit in each and everyone of us. Whether you just read his books, attended one of his seminars or knew him and his family, he touched your life.

Cross over that bar my old friend with full sails before you. May God Bless you and keep you close to him, so as not to have those golden gates "disappear".

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Fair winds, and following seas...

keegah

Mar 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT/Fisher Impulse/eyes + hands

My prayers and sympathy go out to Mr Weller's family. May you be comforted in this difficult time. Dennis

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rest In Peas Mr.Bob "Frogfoot" Weller.My condolences go out to his wife Margaret, and all of Bob’s Family and Friends.

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Bob "Frogfoot" Weller literally helped hundreds of people become Treasure Hunters with his seminars and his many books. I don't believe that we will see his kind again. Rest In Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions