creskol
Gold Member
Not a heel plate 
Links to previous discussions:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,388844.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,282529.0.html
Not a heel plate 
I would have never thought of that...Great memory & good follow up.creskol said:Not a heel plate
Links to previous discussions:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,388844.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,282529.0.html
Can't think of nothing else it be for being it's size & the fact that it was fixed to something.

Timekiller said:Great memory & good follow up.creskol said:Not a heel plate
Links to previous discussions:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,388844.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,282529.0.htmlNow I wonder if that piece I have is a heel plate.
Can't think of nothing else it be for being it's size & the fact that it was fixed to something.
![]()
Take Care,
Pete,![]()
Yea no biggie creskol,that piece came from a old site dateing early to mid 18th century,main thing was you nailed the others with a great Id.creskol said:Timekiller said:Great memory & good follow up.creskol said:Not a heel plate
Links to previous discussions:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,388844.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,282529.0.htmlNow I wonder if that piece I have is a heel plate.
Can't think of nothing else it be for being it's size & the fact that it was fixed to something.
![]()
Take Care,
Pete,![]()
Yours shows wear around the outside edge consistent with a tap, but the rivets/nails are huge! Not really sure what it is. Also, it doesn't have the same holes as the martingale plate has.


Banner ID



IronSpike said:Banner ID
![]()
You already solved the gag chain
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,365875.0.html
Now I don't have to wonder whether it's a CW cavalry or 'Ladies of the night' boot heel plate![]()

TheCannonballGuy said:Creskol, thank you for posting a photo of the saddlery catalog's cover ...which tells us the name of the company. But the cover does not include the publication-date. I websearched the company (Pierson & Hough, in Detroit), and it seems to date from approximately 1890-to-1930s. (One of the two partners, Mr. Hough, was a saddlery/horsegear maker, born in 1864 ...and I think it's unlikely he would be a business-owner prior to age 21 at the earliest, which for him would be the year 1885.) Please tell us the date of the catalog. Thanks.