What's new

bombed?

davidfl

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
63
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the news said a couple of metal detectorist found a hand grenade in Pinellas county.

so there is a good story out there, if the finder is on here, tell us about what happened.
 
Upvote 0


Saw this earlier on the news. Tonight's news said it was a DUD! I found a World War ll aerial hand held practice bomb in 4ft of water in Ft.Laud. Bomb squad took it also. Didn't make the news. Not healthy to keep one anyways. You never know. You guys did right by calling it in and getting away from it.

 
cdv1...where are you brother....

Cliff sent this to me, I do believe he was the finder




 
Last edited:
Nice preventative save. Now this is a good story for our hobby. It shows the type of dangerous items that are recovered from our beaches. Im glad everyone was safe and this didnt go the other direction.
 
Cliff and I were out early yesterday. Up to this point I found one nice silver ladies ring. Then all I here is "hey you're not going to believe this" and I say "what!". Cliff wouldn't answer me. So I say "what did ya get"? Cliff pulls his scoop up slowly out of the water and a hand grenade is hanging off his scoop by it's trigger handle. Not sure if this first video will work but it's video Cliff took when he found it. Sorry for the language. The second link is the local news story.
DC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxE5BWDuR4DuaTQ0SkFBNGQ5SUU/view

Inert grenade found on St. Pete Beach

I'll start a new post for this.
DC
 
Last edited:
Hey! Dc426. Time Traveler here. I know how u felt.. A couple years back I too found a hand grenade on ft myers beach at he pier. I got signal I dug down about 6 in. Listen for sound again. Still had strong signal. I ended up right at foot a half , there it was. I recognized it right away, but my scoop had torn the lever off w the pin. I thought well it didn't explosed!! I saw the hole in the bottom of grenade, an knew it was a decomissioned. I still have it, I often wish I had some fun with it, back off an call 911. The cops would shut the whole beach down for two blocks, with bomb squad, and probely news helicopters. Ha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom