BONANZA

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is so cool like a time capsule, can you locate any relatives are see if he is still alive that would be really cool.

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
what do you want for those cigars?
lol those are good cigars.
old!
i love finds that say something about you?
well thats awsome.
amazing that its all still clean.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Absolutely an awesome find. Great job. Did your detector find it??? How did you find it. We are all dreaming of a find like this.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woinderful find, but I am still curious---why was edde only interested in the booze? hmmm hmmmm?

The impression that I have is that he was hiding all identity of being in the military during the final days.. Civilains were treated differently from the military -- unless you were a hapless, comely female.

The presence of the Cigars, and Edd's favorite, the rum, would alone identfy him as an Military Officer, since no civilian would ordinarily have those things. So they had to be buried also, in the hopes of digging it up later.

Research his identification.

Lot's of fun eh?

Don Jose de La Mancha

T

tulecanyon

wonderful find. in a strange sort of manner.

i imagine that the site was a bunker, and the person who "buried" that box, may be interred in the same hole.

the winter war was just a taste of the five following years.
i read somewhere that 1.5 million russian troops were fed into the meat grinder in finland.
the fin were the only nation to resist the soviet union and remain a democrat nation.
the term "molotov cocktail" was coined while fins were taking out soviet tanks with a bottle of gas and a pair of skis.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I see nothing and cannot read Russian. I gather a footlocker was found with a uniform and some liquor and cigars. Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread