J jan nielsen Sr. Member Joined Dec 3, 2014 Messages 272 Reaction score 250 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Minelab 705 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 8, 2016 #1 Howdy folks, I found a very nice book clasp in a creek the other day. I turned it in to the museum, and they were very happy about it, because of the lack of oxygen in the creek, it is very well preserved. Upvote 30
Howdy folks, I found a very nice book clasp in a creek the other day. I turned it in to the museum, and they were very happy about it, because of the lack of oxygen in the creek, it is very well preserved.
trapperart Platinum Member Joined Dec 12, 2015 Messages 16,165 Reaction score 13,042 Golden Thread 2 Location Maryland's eastern shore 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used whites MXTPro whites MXSport Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 8, 2016 #2 Congrats
joeyfresh Bronze Member Joined Dec 19, 2006 Messages 2,287 Reaction score 1,405 Golden Thread 2 Location Colonial Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used XP Deus Teknetics T2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 8, 2016 #3 That's the nicest book clasp I've seen recovered. Great job!!
Scrappy Gold Member Joined Mar 6, 2014 Messages 9,215 Reaction score 14,047 Golden Thread 7 Location 17th century 🥇 Banner finds 7 Detector(s) used Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus Primary Interest: Other Sep 8, 2016 #4 Very very nice. Book clasps are one of my favourite finds. The earliest I've found was 18th C. Congrats. That's a beautiful one
Very very nice. Book clasps are one of my favourite finds. The earliest I've found was 18th C. Congrats. That's a beautiful one
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,541 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2016 #5 Yeap, find loads of these, but not as good as that one, in terms of condition. I hope to dig out a Roman/Saxon Pond one day.
Yeap, find loads of these, but not as good as that one, in terms of condition. I hope to dig out a Roman/Saxon Pond one day.
against the wind Platinum Member Joined Jul 27, 2015 Messages 24,896 Reaction score 24,983 Golden Thread 0 Location Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania Detector(s) used E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2016 #6 Sweet old find. Congrats
D Diablo Arena Greenie Joined Sep 9, 2016 Messages 15 Reaction score 58 Golden Thread 0 Location Paraiso Detector(s) used Minelab Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2016 #7 Bonito! Wat it use for?
J jan nielsen Sr. Member Joined Dec 3, 2014 Messages 272 Reaction score 250 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Minelab 705 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 9, 2016 Thread Owner #8 Thanks guys, Diablo a book clasp is used to keep a book closed, like this. https://www.google.dk/search?q=book...B&biw=360&bih=511&dpr=2#imgrc=Nlza219SeOjKPM:
Thanks guys, Diablo a book clasp is used to keep a book closed, like this. https://www.google.dk/search?q=book...B&biw=360&bih=511&dpr=2#imgrc=Nlza219SeOjKPM: