Books to read on the Templars connection to the new world (Nova Scotia, O.I) ?

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
I have these :
Grail knights of north america (M. Bradley)
Swords at sunset (M. Bradley)
Holy grail across the atlantic (M. Bradley)
The knights templar in the new world (W. E. Mann)
Les templiers, le secret américain (T. Wirth)

Any other suggestions ?

A7C0F51B-88F1-422E-941F-427A65D52764.jpeg

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have these :
Grail knights of north america (M. Bradley)
Swords at sunset (M. Bradley)
Holy grail across the atlantic (M. Bradley)
The knights templar in the new world (W. E. Mann)
Les templiers, le secret américain (T. Wirth)

Any other suggestions ?

View attachment 1670960
The Templar Meridians, by W. E. Mann

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another poster on here was talking about "The Lost Templar Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair" by Diana Muir. Supposedly based on the Sinclair family's detailed journals through time.

I was going to pick it up but after a bit of digging, probably won't. It's heavily tied to the Zeno Narrative which as we know, was written after the original documents were destroyed. This book is supposedly based off of Sinclair journals which were found in the US and subsequently destroyed. The author then realized she made a mistake and wrote volumes of what the documents entailed. That's a lot of written "history" from memory based off of historical documents that were destroyed and can't be verified.

The author is also tied to Wolter and Pulitzer which doesn't scream authentic to me. It's probably a very interesting read but I'd likely chalk it up to fiction.

If you are in to fiction books about the Templars, I suggest the Templar Trilogy by Jack Whyte. Good read that connects the main parts of the Templar theory.

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar by Steven Sora (sub titel : Solving the Oak Island Mystery )
but I don´t know if it is any good .
Good thing is it has 9 pages Bibliography at the end . :-)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another poster on here was talking about "The Lost Templar Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair" by Diana Muir. Supposedly based on the Sinclair family's detailed journals through time.

I was going to pick it up but after a bit of digging, probably won't. It's heavily tied to the Zeno Narrative which as we know, was written after the original documents were destroyed. This book is supposedly based off of Sinclair journals which were found in the US and subsequently destroyed. The author then realized she made a mistake and wrote volumes of what the documents entailed. That's a lot of written "history" from memory based off of historical documents that were destroyed and can't be verified.

The author is also tied to Wolter and Pulitzer which doesn't scream authentic to me. It's probably a very interesting read but I'd likely chalk it up to fiction.

If you are in to fiction books about the Templars, I suggest the Templar Trilogy by Jack Whyte. Good read that connects the main parts of the Templar theory.

No, Diana Muir did not do hers from memory. She had translated them into English before she threw the originals away.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, Diana Muir did not do hers from memory. She had translated them into English before she threw the originals away.

I'm sorry about this, but I have to ask as its been bothering me for some time.

Why would anybody in their right mind that had any kind of original manuscripts dated from the late 14th century simply throw them away???

Cheers, Loki

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why would anybody in their right mind that had any kind of original manuscripts dated from the late 14th century simply throw them away???

Cheers, Loki

Yeah. This is just too big of a red flag. Also, if someone actually found ground breaking documents such as these, that could be authenticated, they would immediately be reviewed by a reputable source such as the Smithsonian. Not translated, then discarded so they can't be verified and independently published.

I for one, upon finding priceless, legitimate documents would not run to an alternative history conspiracy theorist for help.

I know the excuse given is that Smithsonian is "in on it" to protect the Columbus version of history but that makes no sense. There is established proof the Vikings pre-dated Columbus and nobody reputable is disputing that. A Templar voyage, if able to be proven true would be ground breaking history. Not kept to the corners of independent authors and conspiracy theorists.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah. This is just too big of a red flag. Also, if someone actually found ground breaking documents such as these, that could be authenticated, they would immediately be reviewed by a reputable source such as the Smithsonian. Not translated, then discarded so they can't be verified and independently published.

I for one, upon finding priceless, legitimate documents would not run to an alternative history conspiracy theorist for help.

I know the excuse given is that Smithsonian is "in on it" to protect the Columbus version of history but that makes no sense. There is established proof the Vikings pre-dated Columbus and nobody reputable is disputing that. A Templar voyage, if able to be proven true would be ground breaking history. Not kept to the corners of independent authors and conspiracy theorists.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of the nutcases that premises a Templar voyage to Nova Scotia, but some of the stories are just too out there even for me!

Cheers, Loki

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, I am one of the nutcases that premises a Templar voyage to Nova Scotia, but some of the stories are just too out there even for me!

Cheers, Loki

Agreed. I am too but it's born out of possibility and not any actual proof. (yet).

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cheers, Loki

... so they couldn't be declared fraudulent... if they even existed in the first place.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Diana Muir did not do hers from memory. She had translated them into English before she threw the originals away.
The very fact that Diana Muir threw the originals away after "translating" them, cast serious doubt if they ever existed.
Why would one throw away what would prove her translations, and could be examined by others?
Similar story to the Beale Papers, author tells the story from what he was told concerning the letters and ciphers, BUT the originals that the entire tale is based , just disappear from existence.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have read the KT were a bunch of ruthless thugs and mercenaries that engaged in wide spread looting and other atrocities across the 'Holey Lands'... When they were disbanded many of them became private mercenaries and some turned to piracy.. There appears to be very little "noble' in their later history.

The idea that that these "criminals" had a massive treasure that they then took away and abandoned defies all logic is my view...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe, maybe not, but thats why I asked the question! Are you really a friend or just being facetious?
Are you implying that you are not a friend?
...Come to think about it, with all the times you've stated I was wrong...Maybe, maybe not.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From what I have read the KT were a bunch of ruthless thugs and mercenaries that engaged in wide spread looting and other atrocities across the 'Holey Lands'... When they were disbanded many of them became private mercenaries and some turned to piracy.. There appears to be very little "noble' in their later history.

The idea that that these "criminals" had a massive treasure that they then took away and abandoned defies all logic is my view...

Everybody seems to demand proof of any statement nowadays so I will ask where have you read some of this, ruthless thugs, mercenaries, atrocities and piracy, stuff?
I'm not saying none of it happened but I don't think I came across it in any of the mainstream Templar history books!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
sasquash

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

Have a look for the Sinclair family here

https://archive.org/details/cihm_40556/page/n5

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piracy, stuff?
I'm not saying none of it happened but I don't think I came across it in any of the mainstream Templar history
lol... The whole discussion on about KT going to Oak Island was as pirates.. They even claimed the KT "may have" originated the skull and crossbones. Pirates were not nice guys..

Where did the treasure come from? It was not there's was it? They stole it. No one just handed them the artifacts to take home...

They we armed church mercenaries fighting an invasion on foreign lands... What do you think they were doing there?

I will look for a source when I get a chance but was reading it a while ago (few seasons) when they first started with their whacko theories.

What do you think they were doing. Protecting caravans with prayers?

The most that can be said is that were not as bad as some of the other Knights that were there....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread