Boron, CA

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've passed it a hundred times. Maybe you have. But have you ever been to Boron?
Back in February, Super Bowl weekend, I did for the first time. Boron's sole purpose is to serve the borax mine there.

Go south at the exit and turn right at the truck.
Truck.JPG

Immediately after turning, park across from the mine museum.
Museum.JPG

They have a display of many old time pieces of mining equipment. This machine drills holes for dynamite.
Equipment.JPG

adjacent to the museum is Neil PROUDLY displaying the Marine Corps flag in front of that.... flyboy thingy (Phantom, dear to Viet Vets' hearts).
Flag.JPG

BUT..... the high point of the visit is the Mexican restaurant that you will be parked in front of!
20 mule.JPG

It was very colorful inside as Mex restaurants tend to be. Señorita Emily served me breakfast.
Cafe.JPG DSC00370.JPG

You MUST see the picture on the wall! It is of Francisco (Pancho) Villa! My Spanish is rough but he is seated in the Presidential chair and Generals' ZAPATA and Montaño are on his left. I cannot make out the name of the General that is said to be on his right.
Villa.JPG

Maybe RGINN can help me with the rest of the inscription.

I don't know if Señorita Emily would still be there but the café should be. Stop in some time! ╦╦Ç

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been to Boron. Interesting looking place for sure.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very tiny town. Here are some pics that did not make the post above...
DSC00369.JPG DSC00368.JPG

DSC00358.JPG DSC00359.JPG ╦╦Ç

CaliCondor

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're correct, I've been past it a million times hahaha now I am going to need to make a stop. Seems interesting and quiet.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're correct, I've been past it a million times hahaha now I am going to need to make a stop. Seems interesting and quiet.
And welcome to the largest FAMILY of treasure seekers in the world! ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Terry. I'll probably never get to see it with my own eyes. :dontknow:
Truthfully Sis, the time you spent looking at this post is TWICE the time needed to see the entire town! No, it is a nice CLEAN little place and the residents take obvious pride in their homes. ╦╦Ç

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photos, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i go to this town alot,you also need to go though the air and space museum next door.also go to the museum at the borax plant,they have the borax wagons with 20 life size mules,so you can see how big it was,cool pictures thanks
I've passed it a hundred times. Maybe you have. But have you ever been to Boron?
Back in February, Super Bowl weekend, I did for the first time. Boron's sole purpose is to serve the borax mine there.

Go south at the exit and turn right at the truck.
View attachment 1630496

Immediately after turning, park across from the mine museum.
View attachment 1630498

They have a display of many old time pieces of mining equipment. This machine drills holes for dynamite.
View attachment 1630499

adjacent to the museum is Neil PROUDLY displaying the Marine Corps flag in front of that.... flyboy thingy (Phantom, dear to Viet Vets' hearts).
View attachment 1630503

BUT..... the high point of the visit is the Mexican restaurant that you will be parked in front of!
View attachment 1630504

It was very colorful inside as Mex restaurants tend to be. Señorita Emily served me breakfast.
View attachment 1630505 View attachment 1630506

You MUST see the picture on the wall! It is of Francisco (Pancho) Villa! My Spanish is rough but he is seated in the Presidential chair and Generals' ZAPATA and Montaño are on his left. I cannot make out the name of the General that is said to be on his right.
View attachment 1630512

Maybe RGINN can help me with the rest of the inscription.

I don't know if Señorita Emily would still be there but the café should be. Stop in some time! ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i go to this town alot,you also need to go though the air and space museum next door.also go to the museum at the borax plant,they have the borax wagons with 20 life size mules,so you can see how big it was,cool pictures thanks
the air and space is where Neil was putting up the flag. He swapped out flags so the flyboy flag was at the jet. Reasonable. TTC

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry, guess you missed the house with the "toilet seats " lineing the chainlink fenceing in front.

Note:, Frank Fish{treasure hunter} found some early Spanish artifacts in the Boron mountains , also a wells fargo box
filled to the brim at Robbers Roost, maybe a 2.5 hour drive from Boron. A old stage trail follows the aqauaduct, and their is a wash that might have reminents of a long lost stage coach. Gd luck in your hunts.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Terry, guess you missed the house with the "toilet seats " lineing the chainlink fenceing in front.

Note:, Frank Fish{treasure hunter} found some early Spanish artifacts in the Boron mountains , also a wells fargo box
filled to the brim at Robbers Roost, maybe a 2.5 hour drive from Boron. A old stage trail follows the aqauaduct, and their is a wash that might have reminents of a long lost stage coach. Gd luck in your hunts.

DONT say another word about such stuff..... ‘til I get there! Not another word! (Kidding). TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Terry. I'll probably never get to see it with my own eyes. :dontknow:
i will stop there again, Sis, and take a lot of video of the place and send the raw data on a disc.... just for you! TTC

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
oh dont forget that there is NO gas there.mojave and krammer have gas.
brad

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh dont forget that there is NO gas there.mojave and krammer have gas.

brad

Boron has one gas station..... a Shell station. I did not gas up but it was active when I went through there in Feb. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And besides, Kramer Junction is only 6 miles away. ╦╦Ç

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
ive not seen this shell before,good to know,i just googled it.
thanks brad
Boron has one gas station..... a Shell station. I did not gas up but it was active when I went through there in Feb. ╦╦Ç

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics and cool on the road post, TC! Inscription looks a little blurry in the photo so I can't make it out.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool pics and cool on the road post, TC! Inscription looks a little blurry in the photo so I can't make it out.
Just have a problem with the Generale on his right. He has a title of Mexico D. F. What does that mean? The date I have as 6 Deciembre 1914. Just really need his name and title. Been looking for it on the internet but haven't hit on it yet. Tnx. TTC

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread