That is a nice ring you found there Joe and I'm glad you got the shot of it underwater. Really like the manatee photo too. The videos I shot all had the actual process of fanning up and out of the screen.. I have a few shots that I can put together into one video but it will take me some time to do. As for being a quick learner, that I think has to do with the teacher! One thing I learned from the videos, my average time underwater was about 30 seconds..... I have a long way to go to keep up with you there!
Dew, I'm always experimenting, and the shorty proved a point..... it is unbelievable how much more bouyant you are with a shorty on, my 38 pounds of weight (all on a belt) didn't keep me down as well as it did on the previous trip without a shorty..... now I know I need to adjust weight slightly when it becomes wetsuit weather. The backpack is used to carry lunch, water and for any large sight finds I get..... I don't use it when snorkeling since it fills up with air and acts as a bobber holding me up.
Cliff