✅ SOLVED Bottle bottom ID

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1614259767.746613.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1614259781.403365.jpg

This looks like the bottom of a wine bottle with a kick-up bottom. Can anyone ID the symbol on the bottom/ID age? Also, how did you figure it out? I searched for green bottle bottom symbols/marks but could not find it. Thanks so much.

It washed up in the east coast if FL and a friend discovered it.

I hope good things come your way.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recommend you post this down in the Bottle & Glass forum where there are a lot of knowledgeable folks who may be able to identify that for you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recommend you post this down in the Bottle & Glass forum where there are a lot of knowledgeable folks who may be able to identify that for you.

Thank you, Dug. I saw the glass forum but missed bottle forum so I will look for that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I contacted Bill at the historic bottles website...His reply...

Hi Kim...

Glad you've found my website to be interesting. No idea whose marking that is but is most likely a makers marking from a foreign (non-US) manufacturer sometime from the 1950s or later from the look of it. Both foreign an modern marks/bottles are beyond the scope of my website and (generally) the makers markings covered. So yes "modern" relatively speaking.

There is a German marking from around 1970 that is similar, but not exact in that it is a hammer crossing a sword...not two stylized hammers like your base. It was used by "Veba-Glas A.G." in Essen-Karnap (a town in what was West Germany which my book dates from).

Sorry I cant help out much....and good luck!

Bill Lindsey - Williamson River/Chiloquin, OR.
SHA/BLM Historic Glass Bottle Identification & Information Website
email: [email protected]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread