What's new

Bottle Cap?

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this over by Leadville Co. It is slightly larger than a quarter and has the appearance of silver but ain't. The back side is just a reverse of the front with no manufacturer's marks. The front shows a hand holding up 4 aces. My idea is that it's the cap off of a bottle of booze. And it could be a really good quality booze, as I didn't turn up any others in the area. Then again, that's just my speculation. Any ideas? Muchas Gracias, ya'll.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 041.webp
    Picture 041.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 343
Winners Hand....maybe thats a clue to the name....Winning Hand....Ace's..... :icon_scratch:...There is a Four Aces Tavern in South Dakota
 
Upvote 0
Four Aces American Rye Whiskey.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
Ok, here's a shot of the back and the front with a tape for measurment. I lean towards the whiskey bottle cap. I still think this might be a better quality hooch, as that's the only one I found after a lot of looking. Or maybe the miners up here weren't as big a drinkers as we think. Thanks ya'll.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 046.webp
    Picture 046.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture 047.webp
    Picture 047.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0
Better quality of hooch?

Ha! Ha!

At least we know it's better than Straight, Flush, and Full house!

Ha! Ha!


Interesting find.
Thanks for posting it here.
rmptr
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom