What's new

bottle dump from 1940s-60s...worth my time????? pics, help please

Re: bottle dump from 1940's-60's...worth my time????? pics, help please

Speaking of painted label soda bottles, check this one out. Its not it the best condition, after all it found on a stream bank...but its still cool.....I didn't know there was a bottle forum...nice..
 

Attachments

  • Pux1.webp
    Pux1.webp
    13 KB · Views: 857
  • Pux2.webp
    Pux2.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 861
Re: bottle dump from 1940's-60's...worth my time????? pics, help please

Here's my only NM bottle. Lots of history to this spring.

mineralwatermcdermottNM.webp​
 

Attachments

  • mineralwatermcdermottNM.webp
    mineralwatermcdermottNM.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 902
Look for 'art glass' and marbles..

During the 1940s Akro Agate made beautiful marbles,little girls' glass tea sets and multicolored glass lamps. McKee made 'Jadite' that flouresces under blacklight. These are stunning treasures that the average bottle digger casts aside. I have collected hundreds of pounds of this 'art glass' at the dumpsite I've been excavating daily since March of 2003 near Trona,Ca.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom