Bottle Dump gives up some Goodies

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
The other day I found a glass pit in the bushes and at the bottom of a small ravine. They must have thrown their unwanted glass down from the cliff. Glass scares me a bit, after some unwanted experiences, so went and bought some heavy leather work gloves for this project today. The earliest broken top looked like 1700's. It was hand blown, black glass, wine bottle, and with a ribbon of glass around its lip. Most of it was just bits and pieces, but managed to pull out a few complete keepers, though some have hairlines and chips. The three larger ones I have no idea how they survived the 20 foot drop.. Nothing in good displayable condition looks much older than 100 years though.

Tallest one says (3 sides); "SCOTT'S EMULSION...WITHLIME & SODA...COD LIVER OIL
2nd Tallest;...."FELLOWS & C - CHEMISTS - St JOHN NB
3rd tallest;... has a million sharpish ridges, so I'm thinking maybe a poison bottle

An eye wash cup
And an incredible green cut glass perfume bottle
A cobalt blue art-deco perfume bottle
Then there is a real cute small dark green ink bottle that says,.."ATRON"

This my first time in a glass dump, so feel I did good for a nice variety, anyway.

The reason I decided to do the glass dump today was the piece of land I went to first to MD turned out to be someone practice shooting range, and after 15 straight cartridges, I took the hint.

Attachments

• Mvc-159f.jpg
    Mvc-159f.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Mvc-160f.jpg
    Mvc-160f.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,794
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Those make very nice shelf decorations!

They are already there, or rather, back again. Wifey insisted I clean them inside and out. I claimed I didn't know how, She showed me, for all 7 pieces. In the two large ones, she poured bleach(or equivalent) into them and then she retrieved breakfast's eggshells from the garbage, smashed them into little bits, put them in, and shook, until she needed to put her bra on, then shook some more..

Great bottles :icon_sunny: :icon_thumright:

The old half glass is really neat :hello2:

Some of them bottle could be worth alot of money.. can't find your ink well ..is it pontiled? also there is a huge market for certain perfume bottles.. so do some research on the bottles maybe you have a money maker or two in the bunch!! I assume you will be going back to dig more right??? good luck!!!

Great looking bottles, love the green ones. :icon_thumright:
Surviving the 20ft drop, maybe the winter snows might have helped?

Awsome bottle digs,ive been digging bottles for twenty years but those are unique :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:..K.KID The green cut one looks like vaseline glass,should glow under a black light.I have the large one on the right still full of ,who knows what,with original cork.

and shook, until she needed to put her bra on, then shook some more..

LMAO, I thought I knew all the tricks but I guess not. I may have to start bottle hunting. Nice finds btw.

KOOTNEY KID said:
Awsome bottle digs,ive been digging bottles for twenty years but those are unique :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:..K.KID The green cut one looks like vaseline glass,should glow under a black light.I have the large one on the right still full of ,who knows what,with original cork.

Yes, thanks for the word. Vaseline. I remembered this kind of glass had a funny name, but couldn't recall it.

itsmymind said:
and shook, until she needed to put her bra on, then shook some more..

LMAO, I thought I knew all the tricks but I guess not. I may have to start bottle hunting. Nice finds btw.
Yeah thought the same thing, guess we need to go buy a bra?

Is the white curved one an eye flush type cup?

creeper71 said:
Some of them bottle could be worth alot of money.. can't find your ink well ..is it pontiled? also there is a huge market for certain perfume bottles.. so do some research on the bottles maybe you have a money maker or two in the bunch!! I assume you will be going back to dig more right??? good luck!!!

The little ink bottle is pressed (no pontil) and has a hairline in one corner, but has that blown type glass with lots of bubbles in it. The Deco cobalt blue has a chip out of its foot. The "Vaseline" perfume bottle is perfect, and looks to be hand blown and hand cut. Wifey already called dibs on it.

rjw4law said:
Is the white curved one an eye flush type cup?

Yes, and is frosted glass. I've seen these before, and this one looks larger than those I've seen before.

Unicorn said:
Those are a particularly good find. Like your wife I think the perfume bottle is nice.

U.

I have to learn to say "dibs" faster.

goldnow said:
creeper71 said:

The little ink bottle is pressed (no pontil) and has a hairline in one corner. The Deco cobalt blue has a chip out of its foot. The "Vaseline" perfume bottle in perfect, and looks to be hand blown and hand cut. Wifey already called dibs on it.
from your description try to find a price for the vaseline perfume bottle... that sounds like a high dollar bottle to me..wifey may change her mind if the price is right...lol

I dunno, I wouldn't eat out of it, but it's highly collectible, so it can't be that dangerous. There's plenty of info online, so you should be able to find out if there are any real dangers. If it makes you nervous, you can always send it to me for "disposal"....... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back