What's new

Bottle finds from privy dig.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
499
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I showed some of the broken stuff from this dig. Here are the keepers. This is a yard I tried to secure permission to dig a couple years ago. The old couple that lived there had the yard landscaped and didn't want any digging done. I received a call from the new owners. They were looking for someone to clean the yard up. There were 2 or 3 years of leaves and small maple trees everywhere. I made the deal with them if they let me dig and metal detect I would clean the yard for free. This house is the only wood house on the block surrounded by brick homes. Both pits were dry and had no water in them. The previous owners had 2-6 inches of dirt spread around to level the yard. I detected some and most of the finds were under this added dirt. I will make another post with the metal finds. Well here they are. Thanks for looking! DD.
 

Attachments

  • smooth pontils.webp
    smooth pontils.webp
    83 KB · Views: 1,285
  • smooth base.webp
    smooth base.webp
    51 KB · Views: 1,129
  • pottery.webp
    pottery.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • pontils.webp
    pontils.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,194
  • gargling oil.webp
    gargling oil.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • cod.webp
    cod.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,299
  • cod1.webp
    cod1.webp
    53 KB · Views: 1,368
  • cod2.webp
    cod2.webp
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,731
  • cologne & pottery.webp
    cologne & pottery.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,436
Wow, Beautiful bottles :icon_thumleft: I really like the one with the embossed fish on it. The Thomsons bottle, I can see the word water. Would that be Thomsons water seal? Thanks for sharing, I have to clean up this drool :laughing7: Paul :coffee2:
 
W :o W!! Those are some awesome bottles. Congrats!!
 
Very excellent finds :headbang:
Too bad about the side of that little perfume(?) :(
 
Great bottles, I would love to have dug any of those.
 
NICE !!!!! :headbang: :headbang: That was a good hole !!!!!!
 
sodetraveler said:
Those bottles all look REALLY old :o

Are they all pontil'd? :dontknow:
The first two are pontiled. The Bear oil, Thompson's Eye Water and the damaged cologne are pontiled. Everything else is smooth base. I was really happy with the cod oil bottle with the embossed fish. I have never seen one before. I dug two privies in the same yard and there were pontils in each hole. DD.
 
Nice gathering of glass right there. I like the Cod bottle. I found some cobalt Reed and Carnricks just a day or so ago. I still have to post that dig. That looks like a nice place to keep checking for pits. You got pontils there, keep it going :thumbsup: jgas
 
Good looking bottles. I love the long neck cod liver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom