What's new

Bottledigging,thursday 26.3.09

Erdspiegel

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
285
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
Started bottledigging again;had a quite good day:

finds reaches from imperial germany up to early days of GDR
 

Attachments

  • DSCN26300017.webp
    DSCN26300017.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN26740014.webp
    DSCN26740014.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCN26660006.webp
    DSCN26660006.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN26510038.webp
    DSCN26510038.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN26500037.webp
    DSCN26500037.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCN26470034.webp
    DSCN26470034.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN26690009.webp
    DSCN26690009.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN26610001.webp
    DSCN26610001.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCN26360023.webp
    DSCN26360023.webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN26340021.webp
    DSCN26340021.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 349
  • DSCN26330020.webp
    DSCN26330020.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCN26310018.webp
    DSCN26310018.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 311
That is an diverse group of finds! I see a number of items that I recognize from German eBay and many that I have not seen before. I have a couple of ground-lip ODOL bottles on my shelf.

Actually, I have a number of German-made bottles here, as I think about it -- nineteenth century bottles.


demi10liter.webp​

These embossed demijohns are German-made, but I have never had good information on the source. The "black forest" region seems vague. Do you have some information, book reference or hyperlink, on early glass production in Germany?

onionspairlowgerman.webp​
 
Harry Pristis said:
That is an diverse group of finds! I see a number of items that I recognize from German eBay and many that I have not seen before. I have a couple of ground-lip ODOL bottles on my shelf.

Actually, I have a number of German-made bottles here, as I think about it -- nineteenth century bottles.



​

These embossed demijohns are German-made, but I have never had good information on the source. The "black forest" region seems vague. Do you have some information, book reference or hyperlink, on early glass production in Germany?


​

The kinds of your bottles is called "Waldglas" (forest-glass) in Germany.I don't find collectors pages,but some information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_glass

more detailed:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldglas

list of museums:
http://www.hvg-dgg.de/museen/allgaeu-museum-kempten.html

forestglass-page about different histories:
http://www.waldglas.com/index.html
 
Thank you for the links. I spent some time exploring, but I did not find a site that just presents Hohlglas (bottle glass) in the manner we collect and display it. All the museum sites post images of one or two teaser pieces -- art glass, I'd call it -- but no utilitarian glass. The Mecklenburger Waldglasmuseum was the worst for teasing, showing a few bottles in the background of some images.

Are there any collectors who have web-sites to show off their utilitarian glass? I know there are bottle collectors in Germany. Are there any bottle collector web-sites?

This case bottle (on the right) is almost certainly German (or possibly Dutch):


caseginspair.webp​
 

Attachments

  • caseginspair.webp
    caseginspair.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 281
I think there are no german collector web-sites.Don't know one. :(
I googled for sites,but without a result.

I know a few elder collectors of different glasses and bottles,but they don't own a PC.
 
Erdspiegel said:
I think there are no german collector web-sites.Don't know one. :(
I googled for sites,but without a result.

I know a few elder collectors of different glasses and bottles,but they don't own a PC.
Too bad! That makes YOU the on-line representative of all those German bottle collectors! You are the de facto expert on antique German bottles here. :icon_salut: Congratulations!

Fortunately for all of us, you make good images and write very well in English.

I hope you'll show us more of the bottles that are your favorites. Help us learn more about German bottles.

-----Harry Pristis


beaubonne.webp​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom