Bottles Found Downtown Toronto Excavation for new Delta Hotel

arob

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Treasure Hunters. I like to keep an eye big excavation sites in my hometown and when I know they are digging history I always pop around and make a real nuisance of myself, waving hundred dollar bills in the air...

http://dumpdiggers.blogspot.com/2011/08/bottles-found-under-southcore-financial.html"]Antique Glass Bottles Found Under Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Hotel Toronto, The Story of Rees' Wharf[/URL]

The article details the life and times of Dr William Rees in Toronto Ontario

But of course my true focus is on the antique glass bottles that were liberated from the ground by the professional excavators,

6038380527_3a19e19ef9_o.jpg

6038929510_3c0b12d270_o.jpg

6038928880_b88eeb9782_o.jpg

6038929672_b26a26350f_o.jpg

This tan Wm Robertson ginger beer found at new home almost immediately on the new lake shore on a floating Toronto bed and breakfast facility which is also a bottle and pottery museum of note with interesting display cases showcasing yesterday's relics.

In present condition, if all of the remaining bottles were sold as one lot on eBay tomorrow they would fetch a couple thousand dollars - combined value with the blue Pilgrims soda and Commercial Ink Co bottles being most notable attractions.

HOWEVER the one exception is this crusty beer bottle,
6041693966_aa3f4ee012_o.jpg

this piece is key to the history of Hornby Ontario and there's a story here - its a puzzle how a Hornby beer bottle ended up down here at the base of Toronto, or perhaps testament to the quality and distribution of Brayn Bros Brewery in the early 1870s.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Now thats what I'm talking about. A guy who loves the history of his area. Those are some killer finds for sure. You know the beer bottles make it all over the place. We have found them several hundred miles from their breweries. Cool stuff, keep it coming :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
arob

arob

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SaintOne
Even though I cannot read a word of your blog I managed to figure out how to follow you and leave a comment. Your blog is cool I can tell by the cool pictures.

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
arob said:
Hey SaintOne
Even though I cannot read a word of your blog I managed to figure out how to follow you and leave a comment. Your blog is cool I can tell by the cool pictures.

thanks for being a follower your my 2nd hehe :)

i tried to apply for the dumpdiggers forum as well to share some pics but some how i couldnt register (about 3 months back)

you can use google translate to get the dutch language to be translated in somthing you actually understand ;)

see this link : http://translate.google.com/transla...l&tl=en&u=http://metaaldetectie.blogspot.com/

i am highlighting some bottles with the history i can find using the internet and old newspapers ... (still have few bottles to go ;))

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
arob ~

Great presentation and pictures. How'z about a straight-on close up of the (cleaned) Pilgrim bottle? I'd like to save a pic of it to my photo file. In fact, pictures of all the bottles (cleaned up) would be even better.

Thanks.

SBB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread