What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Bottomless bucket?

mmocha2905

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
184
Reaction score
559
Golden Thread
0
Location
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What would this have been used for?
 

Attachments

  • 20221201_103415.webp
    20221201_103415.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 220
  • 20221201_103356.webp
    20221201_103356.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
What would this have been used for?
I would say that it had a bottom which finally burned out . It's A pot designed to fit into the large eye on a wood cook stove. It would get hotter and cook quicker. I have kettles made the same way.
 
Upvote 4
I would say that it had a bottom which finally burned out . It's A pot designed to fit into the large eye on a wood cook stove. It would get hotter and cook quicker. I have kettles made the same way.
Tony, thanks for the info! I like this find, nice conversation piece!
 
Upvote 3
The way the bottom half comes in, makes me think there was a bottom that was either replaceable or removable. If I had to pick a w.a.g. I’d say it’s an extension to an otherwise shorter container?
 
Upvote 1
Looks to me that the bottom has a finished edge, so a double pot steamer/strainer doesn't look likely.

Picktime is the closest... through your money in and it falls right out never to be seen again lol
 
Upvote 0
Looks to me that the bottom has a finished edge, so a double pot steamer/strainer doesn't look likely.

Picktime is the closest... through your money in and it falls right out never to be seen again lol
Could there have been some kind of removable plate that went inside? Seems like it would slide in to a wood stove hole
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom