Bought for gold, but using for clad. Shame on me.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found a friend (younger than me) willing to do my digging for me. Maybe this old body will last longer now. :laughing9:

We went out with my MXT around noon and spent about an hour detecting before the sun started getting too intense for us. We only detected a strip between the curb and sidewalk in front of an old house.

In about 10ft X 4ft, we found 4 clad dimes at about 4", and 5 pennies. 2 of the pennies were wheaties, 1953 and 1941. The other 3 were 1971, 1978 and 1981.

There were more signals (including trash,) but I was feeling kinda bad about using the detector I bought specifically for finding gold, searching for clad coins. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Nah, not really, it was great to get out with it and find anything. But, I was really disappointed in my Whites Bullseye11 pinpointer. As far as I'm concerned, it's a worthless piece of..........JUNK!!

But, the MXT is a great piece of equipment.

Upvote 0
plehbah said:
How may I find a metal detecting indentured servant?

Have kids!

It worked for my wife and I. Every now and then I turn the kids loose with the digger and the pro pointer. Sometimes they find the target, sometimes they don't.

Semper Fi

plehbah said:
How may I find a metal detecting indentured servant?

He's not an indentured servant, he's my slave!!

But, in answer to your question; buy one of those books:
"Learn to hypnotise your friends".

They'll love you for it. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back