Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So to make a long story short ..A hunting buddy of mine died in 2000. He was 20 years older then me and had a massive heart attack at age 50.
A couple of weeks ago I called his wife to say hello and she asked me to come visit. I made the drive this morning,had a good visit and she asked me if I wanted any of LC's stuff.
I told her I would buy his collection then she said how about 10 bucks...
I gave her 200.00 and told her it was worth alot more. She said she wanted me to have it.
Lots of his stuff has disappeared over the years but I had alot to bring home still.
Everything was dug in South Alabama around the Battle of Blakely.
20190824_204028.jpg20190824_204022.jpg20190824_180029.jpg20190824_204005.jpg

Last edited:
That was a kind gesture by both of you....wow, I see a plate, a stirrup and a spur,and lots of lead.

Looks like about 1000 bullets give or take. A few buttons also. Looking through bullets so far I've found one Wentworth which is a nice surprise.

Looks like you struck a nice deal. Those are some very nice relics.

Were those big cans or tanks that are laying in your truck bed part of your buddy's collection too ? Are those part of a mess kit ?

Thanks

Were those big cans or tanks that are laying in your truck bed part of your buddy's collection too ? Are those part of a mess kit ?

Thanks
Those were milk cans that she let me have also. Also got an old coke sign in bad shape and about 20 bottles,an old lantern and a few other things.

Last edited:
Nice buddy still a couple of hundred just right there.

That's awesome! I did not know they were bringing that much.
Not going to sell anything but nice to know the value. :occasion14:

Its a shame to have lost your friend at such a young age, but nice to know a buddy who can appreciate his finds and the memories.

You did the right thing and the collection went to the right home!

A NICE !
Collection ( sux how things "disappear" over the years . Oh Well.

I'm very glad to see this collection go to someone the Digger knew & who will appreciate the time , effort & History.

You = Good Man

That's awesome! (the relics, not the circumstances as to how the relics became available.) I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Awesome score glad they went to someone who appreciates them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back