What's new

Bought silver today

Cat J

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
789
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
bought silver Troy Oz today for $17.

HH
Cat
 

Attachments

  • silverback.webp
    silverback.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0
Sorry that was the back
 

Attachments

  • Silver.webp
    Silver.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 528
two more
 

Attachments

  • silver2.webp
    silver2.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 525
One more

I also bought a very nice Stone Mountain.

HH'
Cat
Yes I am bored I have not boxes to go through.
 

Attachments

  • silver3.webp
    silver3.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 527
You're a savvy investor, Cat!
$20.21 last check and you got some pretty art along with the bullion.
 
Nice score Cat. I just got a 2008 American Eagle Silver Proof on Ebay. With shipping it is still less than the coin price itself at the mint.
 
I also got the 2008 proof and a regular one. So what did it cost you on Ebay?

HH
Cat
 
oH I forgot to tell you that I paid for them with Peg Leg Ikes at four dollars each.

HH
Cat
 
Cat J said:
I also got the 2008 proof and a regular one. So what did it cost you on Ebay?

HH
Cat
$30 including shipping. They are $31.95 on the US Mint page and that doesn't include shipping. Now I am waiting for the Silver Proof Set to come out.
 
Sounds like a deal to me.

HH
Cat
 
Regarding the round with the Trade Towers, I have seen those go for more than $100 on e-bay. Looks like you scored a good one!
 
REALLY!!!!!! ...... sweet....

Thanks
Cat
 
agbull said:
Regarding the round with the Trade Towers, I have seen those go for more than $100 on e-bay. Looks like you scored a good one!

Really? I recently picked up a 10-ounce bar with the NY skyline and towers on it.

1e69_1.JPG
 
The New York 10 oz are much more common than the rounds with the Twin Towers, so you can get the 10 ozs for bullion value. Some of the rounds with the Twin Towers are low mintage, specifically those minted before 9-11, and have collector value. It looks like you got the Twin Towers round at bullion value from someone that was not aware of the collector value. There is a whole group of folks that collect the rounds according to type, and some are expensive. There are clubs and a websites that give values. I will see if I can find a link.
 
Thank you so much for that information. I bought it because I was in NY at someones apartment. They lived on the NJ side and I took a photo of that exact vew from her top floor balcony. Now I wish he had more of them. He did have a lot more for sale at that price but they were Christmas coins and I had other things to buy.

Thanks again for the info.
Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom