Bought these 3 large Oriental rice wine jars/crocks Anyone know about them?

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I purchased these 3 large Asian/Oriental (I believe they said Thailand but not 100% for sure) rice wine brewing?? containers. They also resemble tea leaves jars, They are marked & were brought back to the states in 01-02. They were purchased for $100 each in Thailand at that same time & then brought back to the states. They weigh at least 35LBs each. If nothing else they make for nice decor if you like Asian things. Anyone know anything about these?
DSC03840.JPG DSC03841.JPG DSC03842.JPG

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rice Wine Ceremony | www.khmuoc.org

Used in ceremonies I guess.

The jar of rice wine called Buuc Kdoq has long served the Khmu’ people as a symbol of their cultural identity. The jar of rice wine is the focal point of the Khmu’ New Year and other important celebrations. Khmu’ elders gather around the jar, each sipping from a bamboo drinking tube stuck into the central jar. They sing traditional poems, play elaborate word games and use play languages which reverse normal Khmu’ speech, and bless one another with special, little-known incantations.

Picture 38.png

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty neat and thanks for the information follow up. I would try the brew out, might actually be pretty good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread