Bought this a garage sale this morning? Any thoughts? Original or reproduction? Look

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid $10 at a garage sale this morning.. Looking for help on originality . Anything would be much appreciated..

20181214_094657.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a Amusement Park in New Orleans that I went to as a child. Opened in the 30’s and was desegregated in 1964. It closed in 1983 which was a shock to all New Orleans. The scariest wooden roller coaster was there the Zephyr. The white paint was all chipped off and it shook and swayed back in forth to where you didn’t know if the ride you where on was it’s last and would just crumble. Bought this original sign in remembrance of my childhood and that wicked clown. View attachment 1660721 This was a the point where hearing the clicking noise from the chain that was bringing you up to the highest point Where are you thought we’re gonna die and then gravity took over. The actual roller coaster you where sitting in and rattled back-and-forth so much you thought it was going to fly off the track at any minute it was the scariest roller coaster out of any new modern roller coaster made. View attachment 1660723

Agreed, some of those old coaster were SCARY! I used to live real close to the one they had in Ocean View Virginia. Built circa 1920's right on Chesapeake Bay. You'd be standing in line and the whole platform would shake and sway as the cars zipped by. Occasionally, a piece of the wooden support structure would fall off, adding to your anxiety! It didn't have any lights on the track (at least I don't remember seeing any), so, riding at night was an extra thrill! Man, that thing would slam you to each side as you went around the curves, not like the modern ones that are faster and smoother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed, some of those old coaster were SCARY! I used to live real close to the one they had in Ocean View Virginia. Built circa 1920's right on Chesapeake Bay. You'd be standing in line and the whole platform would shake and sway as the cars zipped by. Occasionally, a piece of the wooden support structure would fall off, adding to your anxiety! It didn't have any lights on the track (at least I don't remember seeing any), so, riding at night was an extra thrill! Man, that thing would slam you to each side as you went around the curves, not like the modern ones that are faster and smoother.

The old one’s insane and it didn’t help seeing the termite holes in it. They brought in the Rajun Cajun state of the art at the time it was on the monorail and went upside down and did a loop. That was something new but had nothing on the Zephyr because you really really thought you might die that day.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions