Bounty Hunter Crashes!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone? >:( My Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 is doing something I can't figure out. It beeps 4 or five high pitches and all the arrows on the screen flash and it won't stop. I turn it off and then try again and it dose the same thing. The battery light dose not come on when this happens. I also think you have to be searching for it to happen. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks, HH!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
I would agree with the battery change suggestion. Also, check your manual for a "reboot" procedure. It usually involves turning the machine on, removing the batteries for a minute or so, then replacing them.

Good luck!

desmobob

If the battery changes don't fix it and it still happens when it responds to metal then I would venture to guess the circutry has become unstable. I've had a similar experience with another brand and was covered under warranty, talked with tech support and sent it in for repair, but the manufacturer actually sent me a new machine to replace it. Yes , I'm a satisfied Garrett customer.

Thanks, Everyone for the help I will try it. This forum is great!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 224
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 218
I changed the batteries and it has not happend again yet. But now in coin mode it won't pick up pennies.

Any chance you got moisture in it. If so let it set for a week and dry out. Then try it. When mine went swimming it did all the above, but after I let it dry out. It was fine.

Wild Boulder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back