What's new

Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?...I got a deal....I think.

littlebill31

Full Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2011
Messages
199
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Hi all. I'm trying to find out if the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 has a waterproof coil. I want to use it for shallow water and beach, but can't seem to find out if I can dunk the coil.
Thanks
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?

The 8" is a waterproof coil, I thought all coils were waterproof ???
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?

Thanks. I'm new to this and was unsure if the coil could get wet. I haven't used an MD since 1990 and that one was not waterproof.
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?

Yeah I believe all of the ones built now are waterproof
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?

i have the 2200 and i take it in the lake often
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?

Thanks all for the info. Unfortunately, the one I saw advertised has a disconnected number. Been in the paper for 2 days and the phone number is bad. Figures. Maybe next time.
Thanks again though.
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?

Check with woodland detectors here on Tnet, a local dealer.
 
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, waterproof coil?...I got it, and cheap too.

Thanks.
Well I didn't give up and kept calling the number. The owner finally answered and told me (he is elderly) that his phone has been on the fritz. I just happened to call him an hour after they got it turned back on.
The detector is brand new, I mean no scratches at all on it anywhere. Owners manual, receipt. He said a relative bought it for him and he was happy, but didn't know what to do with it, so he put it up for sale. He told me he got it last year.
He said he wanted $150.00 for it! I didn't even realize I said, "SOLD!!!!" so fast. I couldn't believe it.
It's a really nice machine. I lucked out on finding it. I can't wait to hit the dirt.
 
Your problem with it is not going to be the coil being waterproof, most coils are waterproof now, your problem is going to be the falsing you will get from the salt minerals in the salt water and wetsand since your detector is not a saltwater machine..........
 
Thanks. I've got a White's that I use in the water, but I couldn't pass up this deal. Guess I'll just use it around the farms here.
 
Bounty hunters have amazing depth, the BH Quick Silver beat out depth on every other detector I've ever owned. You'll love it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom