Bounty Hunter II (made in Klamath Ore)

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Calworks, I met a old gentleman who had a vintage metal detector the other day. He was kicking my butt in my own park. I have a modern expensive detector. Hope that answered your question a little. Check the cables for dry rot and the battery compartment for leaking battery's. You have a VLF or very low Freq detector. You can expect to find coins, and iron relics with no problems. Most finds will be in the 3" inch range, but you may be able to find older or larger targets deeper. I still have my old BH and it went 10" inches easy, yours may too.

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Funny the manual on line says there is a battery pak that uses AA qbatteries 8 I believe, but there is a 9 volt supplying power to the MD right now. Thanks for your help.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always read the manual. You have a good machine, but you may want to invest into a new one soon. I know I did. Look to spend between $400-$700 for good used machines. Good Luck.

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Tis what the online manual says since I don't have get original

Access to the battery packs is gained by pulling out on the nylon snaplok fastener on the battery cover on the rear of the unit and removing the cover,

Your detector is equipped with one battery pack This pack is the 12 volt supply for the audio circuitry and holds 8 size AA penlight batteries These batteries are easily removed and replaced in the packs by pressing the battery against the spring on the negative end and pulling out or pushing in at the positive end of the battery Be sure to observe battery polarity when replacing batteries The holder is marked on the inside or to show proper battery orientation

At some point in the production of the older BHII did they replace the 12v pack with a 9v snap. If its a 12v how come its works with the 9 v,

Confused

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Only have it for sentimental reasons...it belonged to my dad, but I fit works might as well use it. It has a water proof coil, and has a mineral setting for highly mineralized soils, guess this helps filter out interference of ground minerals to find the good stuff??????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread