Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II

OPUS1 said:
I just bought a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, my son and I are starting this infectious hobby. Any good places in Temecula or Murrieta to start out?
Where the heck is that? :icon_scratch:

Sorry, Southern California, Riverside couny next to San diego county line.

Welcome to TNET!

I will tell you what everybody told me when I first started. Hit the parks and tot lots. Make sure you check with the local authorities and follow their rules and get permission and or permits where required.

Here is a couple things I have found in a few short months I have been mding.

Kids love hanging upside down on playground equipment.
woodchips give up lots of coins quickly - not old ones but lots of clad (good for learning techniques)
don't necessarily think higher income area parks will give up more coins - I find more coins in lower income parks.
Read as many threads on this website as you can, you will learn a ton - go to the library and do research to find sites to search(simple rule of thumb I learned from somebody aaround here is 2 hrs research minimum for each hour in the field)
and finally if you are like the rest of us in the world,
Wait for the ground to thaw!

Thanks for the welcome and info. Looking forward to get started.

Welcome to TNET Opus1. Lots of good people and a world of info here. I would suggest spending some time learning the ins and outs of your machine at parks and such before branching out to areas that may produce more valuable finds. You will be less likely to miss something worthwhile when the time comes. This is my plan anyway. Good luck and HH.

john

I noticed, that's for the encouragement

Depends what your after. If you want clad & rings follow the previous suggestions.

If your after historic relics you need to research & get out in the fields (I mostly do ploughed fields)

Try city parks and play grounds. Where there is wood chips or sand easy digging and there is usually lots of coins. Take your time and learn the sound each makes and you will be surprise what you will find. Good luck and keep up posted on your finds....Matt

Welcome to the infectious hobby of MD'ing. You already have some good advice such as start in your own back yard. You will be surprised at what you will find! I found 82 cents and a silver earring in my front yard after we moved in here. Check you local parks and get permission ALWAYS is also good advice. The gng's on T-net are so very helpful and will encourage you all the way. Can't wait to see your finds! Go for it!

Hey,

My first machine was a BH Quick Draw II, ::) I found it OK to get older copper coins, tokens and things like that. ;D I got mad with it when I could not find Gold or Silver. :icon_scratch: I got an MXT Soon after and found silver almost right away. ;D I don't know if it was the machine or if I just was not passing over any gold or silver? :icon_scratch: I did later find silver in areas I hunted with the BH so I think it was the machine more so. :icon_study: However it is a good starter machine and should do you good. Until you get into the Hobie more and want to upgrade later. :thumbsup:

Have fun, :D

Keep @ it and HH!! :wink: ;D

Welcome to Tnet :thumbsup:First, I agree with everyone on trying playgrounds first to get an idea how your detector sounds. Dig all signals, it gives you a good understanding of what things sound like. Don't pass up anything, it may be something good. I've done that, and it bugged me so much, I went back, and scored a nice ring. Take the time to get a pinpointer, it will cut your recovery time a lot. I use the Garrett model, but I'm sure everyone here has preferences.
Happy hunting, and good luck. Look forward to seeing your finds on Tnet.

Thank all, I will post my fist findings this weekend.

You might want to try around Lake Elsinore.....found old coins there when I used to live in SoCal. That was years ago though.

Rick

mlayers said:
Try city parks and play grounds. Where there is wood chips or sand easy digging and there is usually lots of coins. Take your time and learn the sound each makes and you will be surprise what you will find. Good luck and keep up posted on your finds....Matt
Yes ...........Play Grounds w/ wood chips or gravel 2 start..................Then YOUR yard.................Then afyer you have a good recovery (Diggin Technique )........Your Relations property.......................Then,and Only then................Iry diggin Parks and what knot........
HH

Thanks, going to start walking this weekend with fingers crossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back