mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am aware that the Garrett is almost always the better of the two, but by how much? Like, if there were a proportion for the quality of the bounty hunter to the quality of the Garrett, what would it be. I currently use the bounty hunter quicksilver, just collecting information about the Garrett to determine whether I want a new metal detector OR an overflowing wallet ...........❓❔❓❔❓❔❔❔❓❔❔❔❓

Unbiased though, PLEASE. Thanks 😁

If you have never used one of these devices, tell me your opinion on the one that you have used. THX 😊

Thanks!

Happy hunting!
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bad Mitch. On my phone it cut the title to the post to Garrett A.. and I thought it was the ATPro. I have not used the ACE250.

There is no comparison between the ATP and the Ace 250. I have both and both are clad hounds but the ATP is much better

OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much of a priority is it to make the upgrade? How much more treasure will it bring?

Thank you all and HH

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Got curious wondering where this thread had gone, so poked my nose into it.

It started out rather odd, asking what was better, the BH Quicksilver (about $100) or the Ace 250 (about $200). Both introduced to the market about 11 years ago. Heck, I designed the Quicksilver and regard it still as good value in its price range, but I'm not gonna say it whips a very popular competitor's machine that costs twice as much.

Then the posts shifted to the AT Pro, which is about 6 times the price.

Back to reality. If the price range includes the Ace 250, then it also includes the F2 (which I also designed) and the Euroteks (which are based on a platform I designed). In that category, Eurotek wins, it's really that simple. You don't have to take my word for it, you can draw your conclusion the same place I did-- reports of Eurotek owners posted on the forums.

In this price range, I often explain it this way. "If you buy something other than the Eurotek, you'll have the nagging feeling that maybe you should have gotten a Eurotek instead. If you get the Eurotek, you'll never wonder if you should have gotten something else instead."

OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got curious wondering where this thread had gone, so poked my nose into it.

It started out rather odd, asking what was better, the BH Quicksilver (about $100) or the Ace 250 (about $200). Both introduced to the market about 11 years ago. Heck, I designed the Quicksilver and regard it still as good value in its price range, but I'm not gonna say it whips a very popular competitor's machine that costs twice as much.

Then the posts shifted to the AT Pro, which is about 6 times the price.

Back to reality. If the price range includes the Ace 250, then it also includes the F2 (which I also designed) and the Euroteks (which are based on a platform I designed). In that category, Eurotek wins, it's really that simple. You don't have to take my word for it, you can draw your conclusion the same place I did-- reports of Eurotek owners posted on the forums.

In this price range, I often explain it this way. "If you buy something other than the Eurotek, you'll have the nagging feeling that maybe you should have gotten a Eurotek instead. If you get the Eurotek, you'll never wonder if you should have gotten something else instead."

did you say that you DESIGNED the bounty hunter quick silver?

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On your budget go with the F2 or eurotek pro over the ace250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread