mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am aware that the Garrett is almost always the better of the two, but by how much? Like, if there were a proportion for the quality of the bounty hunter to the quality of the Garrett, what would it be. I currently use the bounty hunter quicksilver, just collecting information about the Garrett to determine whether I want a new metal detector OR an overflowing wallet ...........❓❔❓❔❓❔❔❔❓❔❔❔❓

Unbiased though, PLEASE. Thanks 😁

If you have never used one of these devices, tell me your opinion on the one that you have used. THX 😊

Thanks!

Happy hunting!
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
🔝"RM-917_nam_usa_100" is windows phone. I didn't write that part --- tapatalk did.

THE MORE YOU KNOW 😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰
Dumb tapatalk ☹

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello?

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think there is one detector better than another in a certain price range. They all have the things they do better than the next detector so do your research and go with your gut.

Unless you have each to compare side by side you won't know.

The more skilled you become with detectors the more you want a better detector and only then do you appreciate the difference in the upgraded models of different brands of detectors

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver at work and IMO it is no where close to the value of the ATPro at all. And I mean in every way.

OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver at work and IMO it is no where close to the value of the ATPro at all. And I mean in every way.

THANKS 😊

Now please if you can, vote. 🅰Agree with RobRieman OR 🅱 disagree with RobRieman

Thanks

Last edited:

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the company that stands behind their product and honers their warranty.
Been very pleased with the fast customer service at Garrett.
I have found everything except gold (well I found a tiny bit of gold) and been searching less than a month honing my skills to be able to search those trashy places and find the good stuff.
You Tube has lots of information about different metal detector organizations that is how I got the me first one thinking about up grading now

OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just realized that RobRieman

Said he was very pleased with the AT pro.

Regarding that I have 2 things;

One, I'm asking about the ACE 250.

Two, specifically asking RobRieman, did you mean to say ATpro, or did you accidentally call the ACE 250 by the wrong name? (I make that mistake all the time. I even ALMOST accidentally started this thread with that mistake)

Hope to clarify that one soon and thanks again.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the company that stands behind their product and honers their warranty.
Been very pleased with the fast customer service at Garrett.
I have found everything except gold (well I found a tiny bit of gold) and been searching less than a month honing my skills to be able to search those trashy places and find the good stuff.
You Tube has lots of information about different metal detector organizations that is how I got the me first one thinking about up grading now
You do realize the bountyhunter has a five year warranty and the garrett only two? I've used both and would choose the bountyhunter.

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been using the Ace 250 for about three weeks and thinking about getting an AT pro doing a lot of beaches

Last edited:

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been using Garrett Ace 250 and thinking about building my own and upgrading to the AT pro

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just realized that RobRieman Said he was very pleased with the AT pro. Regarding that I have 2 things; One, I'm asking about the ACE 250. Two, specifically asking RobRieman, did you mean to say ATpro, or did you accidentally call the ACE 250 by the wrong name? (I make that mistake all the time. I even ALMOST accidentally started this thread with that mistake) Hope to clarify that one soon and thanks again. Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

My bad Mitch. On my phone it cut the title to the post to Garrett A.. and I thought it was the ATPro. I have not used the ACE250.

OP
OP
M

mitchellf

Apr 11, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bad Mitch. On my phone it cut the title to the post to Garrett A.. and I thought it was the ATPro. I have not used the ACE250.

its cool I am almost positive that I'll get the at pro after I graduate, get a job and save enough money for one. Until then, I have to get by with "communist allowance" from parents

Lores

Apr 15, 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro ACE 250 Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its cool I am almost positive that I'll get the at pro after I graduate, get a job and save enough money for one. Until then, I have to get by with "communist allowance" from parents

I don't give my kids allowance as I don't want them to look at me like the government, a source of income. They need to get out and make their own money. My daughter baby sits and pet sits. My son cuts grass. They are 13 and 11.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Quicksilver will do beaches just fine as long as you stay in the dry sand. In the wet sand it would also be very chatty like the AT Pro. Granted some hunters claim the AT Pro works fine at the beach, but are they talking about the dry sand or wet. Also the amount of black sand varies at different locations and it affects detectors differently. The Ace 250 would be just as well as the Quicksilver in the dry sand. Detectors for saltwater beaches should have more than one frequency to work well in the black sand and saltwater concentrations, which can vary in feet as you walk. Another reason some claim the AT Pro works. But detectors with more than one freq cost more $$$. As for warranties, the Tesoro brand is tops at a lifetime warranty, and they are excellent detectors. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=Mastering the Tesero tejon and Vaquero

If you don't own a Kindle, you can down load the free reading app for your phone and computer.

About detector screens.......They only show you the conductivity of the item and not what it really is. On the screen it could show you the numbers for a gold ring, but those numbers could also be a pull tab or many other things. The screen is another toy for the ones that would like to only scoop quarters instead of penny's.

Last edited:

Lores

Apr 15, 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro ACE 250 Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered your question earlier but guess I forgot to hit post. I have an Ace 250 that I have been using for 2 months now. I have used it in my backyard, parks, schools and the beach. The only time I feel like it struggles is in the wet sand. Their is a youtube video that you can easily find where a gentleman posts his settings for running the ace on wet sand. I use his settings and it does seem to work pretty well unless a wave covers my coil then it just goes off. I have recovered items from as deep as 10 inches in wet sand.

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set the Ace250 on Jewelery mode and sensitivity of 3 or 4 in the wet sands and I been finding many coins in the surf line at this one steep beach. Just built a new scoop for the surf I need to test.

I have also put the wire to the coil up the front with zip ties and then taped with electrical tape so it will not move that stopped a lot of noise

Moving slowly in the water helps too

Last edited:

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered your question earlier but guess I forgot to hit post. I have an Ace 250 that I have been using for 2 months now. I have used it in my backyard, parks, schools and the beach. The only time I feel like it struggles is in the wet sand. Their is a youtube video that you can easily find where a gentleman posts his settings for running the ace on wet sand. I use his settings and it does seem to work pretty well unless a wave covers my coil then it just goes off. I have recovered items from as deep as 10 inches in wet sand.

Last week everything I found was deep. I made one of those huge sand shovels like that guy in Australia. Works better than expected

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I used an ACE 250 for about a year and managed to find enough clad, silver, gold, and yes- platinum to pay for the machine about 14 times over. I still have it as a back up machine to my AT Pro. The transition to the AT Pro takes some practice and is a learning curve, but it was pretty easy. On the beach in the dry and wet sand you simply have to accept a loss of some depth as you need to back off the sensitivity when hunting there- but I've found plenty of jewelry in the wet sand with it. The other thing that I would say is a plus on the ACE is the amazing customer service that I've received from Garrett since I started using their detectors. I would highly recommend the ACE 250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread