What's new

Box #3 was amazing

PJ in WI

Full Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Never coin rolled before but reading all your posts got me thinking that I was missing out. Last Saturday I bought 1 box of pennies and found 8 wheaties. This past Tuesday I bought 2 boxes. The first had 9 wheaties. I thought okay that beats the 8. I did not open the 3rd box until Thursday. I could not believe it. 6 wheaties looking at me. Almost every roll had a wheatie and several had multiple. The 6 rolls that had wheaties on the end had 30 wheaties. I got 113 in a box. Now I'm hooked but I know that I will never beat those #s again. PJ
 
Upvote 0
The only way that will be your best ever box, is if you quit now. There will be better ones if you stay at it. You never know what's out there. Good job on the Wheats.
 
Actually, I have not looked at the dates yet. I did look at 3 of them that were rather worn. A 26d, 27d and a 37. Two others were as shiney as the new Lincolns. One was a 58 and the other was a 53.
 
You never know what is just around the corner. That next Brinks truck can be bringing you a 1909VDB!
 
Great results! I haven't been that lucky yet.
 
What woulkd you call a Box with over 500 in them(?), we has had 2 of's them- both last year and within 2 weeks of each other too. This year is pathetic by compare -not asingle dream box or even close really.
 
If you do some hand rolled you may find a whole roll of wheaties. I have found about 3 whole rolls so far and a few mostly wheatie rolls. Also have found about a box's worth of 59-82 rolls in one batch and a bunch of rolls of no keepers whatsoever
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
You never know what is just around the corner. That next Brinks truck can be bringing you a 1909VDB!

I tried calculating the odds of that happening, and my TI-84 didn't have enough memory to calculate it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom