What's new

Box #5 of Nickels For The Year

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! Opened the brinks box and found ALL 2005 Jeffersons. All the Nickels were in plastic rolls. Oh well maybe next time.
Also picked up some hand rolled halves and they were all marked on the rolls ( TS ). Sat in the parking lot and opened a few. First few had just clad but I finally opened one with a 1967 40% Kennedy. Brought the rest home to open tonight with the wife and son. Thought at first they may have been searched already but with the 40% I don't know now. If they were searched they over looked one! ;D

Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Ouch! :( Is this a bank you regularly get your boxes from? If the boxes are the kind with holes on the end I'd ask them if you could peek to see if they're new nickels or not. I've got the tellers at B of A telling me ahead of time "Don't worry, these aren't new."
 
Hadn't gotten a box at this bank but had bought alot at other branches. First I had seen that was all new.
No worries though. Ran those to my drop bank and headed back out. Bought another box and found
1 1943 silver ( War ) Nickel and 19 1960 and older jeffersons. Also went throught the rest of those halves. My son pulled a 1967 40% Kennedy.
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom