What's new

BOY FINDS CACHE OF COINS INCL ROMAN & GREEK IN VA !

EasternShoreMetal

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
753
Reaction score
633
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know if anyone else has heard of this or if it's old news - it occurred this summer, but my local paper just printed it today.
You can find the story online:

One boy's passion for history has the whole family involved

I have nothing to do with the paper or article.
It just blew me away to have a find and be within miles of that area myself.
I think everyone here would enjoy this. It's amazing - his whole story actually is.

Chris
 
That story brought back a lot of memories as I was about his age when I caught the treasure hunting bug. Thanks for sharing. My first detector was a $30 JETCO.
 
I love the photo of him giving the coin the finders stare... :find: Trying to figure out what coin it is... :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
What a great story. He explains about all the junk you find. He has commen sense and patients for sure. I like how his whole family is involved with his Treasure Hunting. I live about 2 hours from his area and wished I could get down that way more often, you have the ocean of Delaware and Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay close by. I have camped at a few campgrounds down that way and its a nice place for sure. The article was a A + for the hobby.
 
I need to go hunting with that kid! :laughing7:
 
I need to go hunting with that kid! :laughing7:

I agree with all of you. I thought the same things when I read it. I'd also like to have his parents doing my research for me! They have put him on the finds!
I couldn't tell by the picture what detector he uses now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom