What's new

Bracelet!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,885
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if anyone knows anything about this piece. I found it in my scrap pile. Most of the items I find date around 1900. There are two people carrying a canoe. The one on the left is quite hairy. The one on the right has hair sticking straight up only on his head. An interesting piece! Thanks for any information! I sure wish I had the whole piece. 92FF41C1-9872-4FEF-BE52-DE69D9F9AFB7.webp49F04417-E2F5-473D-9D3F-1F508F443870.webp5CF36E4B-4CF2-47CE-9F4F-96A88C3DF923.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice artwork!
 
Wonder if that "hair" is supposed to represent feathers like a feathered headdress? What kind of metal is it made of?
 
Thanks Sandchip! You might be right Welsbury, it is made of copper.
 
Pretty cool, did some searches and found this .... looks like your piece but I couldn’t find a date or more info will update if I do.... update lol found it , looks like it was made in both sterling silver and copper in either case it’s listed as vintage
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521244858.500533.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521245210.906377.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks Arrow! I appreciate the research, I would love to have the whole thing. I almost want to but it!
 
Thanks Arrow! I appreciate the research, I would love to have the whole thing. I almost want to but it!

Yeah no problem I found a different site that had the silver one for sale but a little pricey ... $175.00
 
Cool find. I thought it was German Silver at first until you said it was copper. I think it's something made for the tourist trade. On the left that represents a war bonnet with a single trailer of feathers on it. On the right, well, just an Indian with feathers on his head. The Eiffel tower lookin figure is supposed to be a tepee. Kind of a mixture of tribes there with the canoe and the plains Indian headdress. Still pretty cool to find.
 
Thanks for the information Rginn! I think you are right about being made for the tourist trade. I am tempted to make it into a necklace but it will probably end up with my other native metal relics. I definitely like the style. Finally getting A little snow around here. I have never seen Pikes Peak look so naked this winter!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom