diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if anyone knows anything about this piece. I found it in my scrap pile. Most of the items I find date around 1900. There are two people carrying a canoe. The one on the left is quite hairy. The one on the right has hair sticking straight up only on his head. An interesting piece! Thanks for any information! I sure wish I had the whole piece. 92FF41C1-9872-4FEF-BE52-DE69D9F9AFB7.jpeg49F04417-E2F5-473D-9D3F-1F508F443870.jpeg5CF36E4B-4CF2-47CE-9F4F-96A88C3DF923.jpeg

Upvote 0
Wonder if that "hair" is supposed to represent feathers like a feathered headdress? What kind of metal is it made of?

Pretty cool, did some searches and found this .... looks like your piece but I couldn’t find a date or more info will update if I do.... update lol found it , looks like it was made in both sterling silver and copper in either case it’s listed as vintage
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521244858.500533.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521245210.906377.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Arrow! I appreciate the research, I would love to have the whole thing. I almost want to but it!

Cool find. I thought it was German Silver at first until you said it was copper. I think it's something made for the tourist trade. On the left that represents a war bonnet with a single trailer of feathers on it. On the right, well, just an Indian with feathers on his head. The Eiffel tower lookin figure is supposed to be a tepee. Kind of a mixture of tribes there with the canoe and the plains Indian headdress. Still pretty cool to find.

Thanks for the information Rginn! I think you are right about being made for the tourist trade. I am tempted to make it into a necklace but it will probably end up with my other native metal relics. I definitely like the style. Finally getting A little snow around here. I have never seen Pikes Peak look so naked this winter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back